yconic - Western BMOS(no ivey) vs Carleton BCOMM
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western BMOS(no ivey) vs Carleton BCOMM

A photo of marvin1992 marvin1992
im thinking of specializing in finance/ accounting but preferably finance
which is the better university in terms of

opportunities to transfer
teaching quality
employment ratings
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of jmb jmb
I would honestly say BMOS, i know someone who got a job with KPMG strait out of that program, plus i think UWO has a better rep than carleton in my opnion
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@marvin1992 wrote

teaching quality
employment ratings

reputation - UWO
internships or coop - UWO
opportunities to transfer - UWO
teaching quality - UWO
employment ratings - UWO
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Cuiter23 wrote

@marvin1992 wrote

teaching quality
employment ratings

reputation - UWO
internships or coop - UWO
opportunities to transfer - UWO
teaching quality - UWO
employment ratings - UWO

Carleton has a co-op program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SBT SBT

@jmb wrote
I would honestly say BMOS, i know someone who got a job with KPMG strait out of that program, plus i think UWO has a better rep than carleton in my opnion

Stupid comment. A lot of people from Carleton get jobs at KPMG when they graduate.

I go to Carleton, so I can give you actual information, unlike almost anyone else in this forum...

I'll focus on accounting, as the accounting program is strong in my opinion. You can double concentrate in Finance without taking any extra time. But I don't know how great the opportunities are for a Carleton Finance graduate...

Reputation: Carleton doesn't have the greatest reputation, but their accounting program is growing. With consist strong scores in the UFE, Carleton's accounting program is growing a reputation.

Coop: Carleton has a coop program. I wouldn't say its the greatest coop program. Many students get placements in the big 4 and other accounting firms through coop. Keep in mind you have to be a strong candidate and do a lot of networking for these jobs. Most students get CA firm jobs in Ottawa. You can get a job in Toronto, but it's definitely a lot harder since recruiters from Toronto don't come to Ottawa.

Opportunities to transfer: Ummm, you can transfer once your in the program? Don't know what else to say.

Teaching Quality: The accounting professors at Carleton are mostly really good. There are many professors with teaching awards and most of them have a lot of industry experience.

Employment Ratings: If you have a strong academic average and have extra curriculars, you will be able to get into the Big 4. It's not easy, but many people do it.

Send me a message if you have anymore questions about Carleton!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@SBT wrote

@jmb wrote

Stupid comment. A lot of people from Carleton get jobs at KPMG when they graduate.

I go to Carleton, so I can give you actual information, unlike almost anyone else in this forum...

I'll focus on accounting, as the accounting program is strong in my opinion. You can double concentrate in Finance without taking any extra time. But I don't know how great the opportunities are for a Carleton Finance graduate...

Reputation: Carleton doesn't have the greatest reputation, but their accounting program is growing. With consist strong scores in the UFE, Carleton's accounting program is growing a reputation.

Coop: Carleton has a coop program. I wouldn't say its the greatest coop program. Many students get placements in the big 4 and other accounting firms through coop. Keep in mind you have to be a strong candidate and do a lot of networking for these jobs. Most students get CA firm jobs in Ottawa. You can get a job in Toronto, but it's definitely a lot harder since recruiters from Toronto don't come to Ottawa.

Opportunities to transfer: Ummm, you can transfer once your in the program? Don't know what else to say.

Teaching Quality: The accounting professors at Carleton are mostly really good. There are many professors with teaching awards and most of them have a lot of industry experience.

Employment Ratings: If you have a strong academic average and have extra curriculars, you will be able to get into the Big 4. It's not easy, but many people do it.

Send me a message if you have anymore questions about Carleton!

Numbers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sorry, my previous post was biased.

Although Let me ask you a question, if you were an employer, saying that both graduates have the same qualifications. The only difference that one is from Carleton and the other one is from Richard Ivey School of Business.

Who would you hire?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Cuiter23 wrote

Although Let me ask you a question, if you were an employer, saying that both graduates have the same qualifications. The only difference that one is from Carleton and the other one is from Richard Ivey School of Business.

Who would you hire?

BMOS, No Ivey (read the title) :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@Cuiter23 wrote

Who would you hire?

BMOS, No Ivey (read the title) :)

Haha, thanks for the correction :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0