yconic - Western Engineering vs Queens Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Engineering vs Queens Engineering

A photo of arslan14 arslan14
Wanted to know what do you guys think is better? in terms of difficulty, student life, campus, and the program itself. Both Universities are 1st year general, and you would choose the second year. I dont want any "Waterloo is the best engineering school" because its just not for me. UofT is too close to home, i need to get as far away from my parents as i possibly can. Bad excuse, but ive crossed it out already. So can you guys help me out between Western or Queens.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
IMO go to queens since your guaranteed the program of choice after first year. From what ive heard there both good in terms of social life etc. Both programs will be hard its engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato
Queen has a better academic profile. They are comparable in terms of social experience. Though, friends that have gone to Western tell me they are more prone to be snobbery the school lacks ethnic mixing. Queens seems to have a better overall school spirit. I'd pick Queens based on academics and overall experience.

Curious, why the snub towards waterloo?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arslan14 arslan14

@plato wrote

about 75% of the people in my school that are going into university, are going to waterloo. I don't really like my school, and the population in it, no parties, and everyone is anal. So i am not trying to stay another 4 years with these people. Waterloo is just not for me.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato

@arslan14 wrote

@plato wrote

about 75% of the people in my school that are going into university, are going to waterloo. I don't really like my school, and the population in it, no parties, and everyone is anal. So i am not trying to stay another 4 years with these people. Waterloo is just not for me.

Understandable. However, university is not like high school and engineers party hard. If you're looking for an easier program and the best parties, choose western. If you're looking for better academics and good party life, choose queens.

Was this helpful? Yes 0