yconic - WESTERN FROSH: Where are you?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WESTERN FROSH: Where are you?

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
Hello frosh!

First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS on your two major accomplishments:

1. Getting into uwo and
2. Making the best decision of your life and accepting your offer.

I have no doubt that Western will be as amazing for you as it was for all 6000 of us last year, and that you will make memories that will last you a lifetime - all the while, working towards a degree from one of Canada's premier post-secondary institutions (which also happens to boast Canada's best student experience at a leading research-intensive university).

I'm a soph this year, and I want to meet you all! I want to answer your questions, address your concerns, and all in all get you PSYCHED for o-week and the rest of first year.

Stay purple,

Julie Andrews.

[My soph name isn't finalized, (give it a few weeks), but Julie Andrews is likely haha]

PS: Any other sophs who want to jump in (ie. freebird), please feel free to do so!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
59 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Unst! Unst! Unst!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano
I just accepted my Western admission offer today! I'm soooo excited for OWeek!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I am stoked! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I can't wait to meet you guys! Ahhhh only 3.5 months 'til The Western Dimension!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of estatia estatia
Super excited!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ecabby ecabby
I'm getting excited!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So what made you all pick Western? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp
UWO Campus > Queen's Campus, That and I know people at western, and others that plan on going there in September. Wasn't really feeling Queen's and don't know anyone going there next year, and after touring Western it felt like the right choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I live in London, and I took a philosophy course at Western and use the libraries a lot.
It just has a safe and welcoming atmosphere and people are actually quite studious in contrary to many beliefs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
How is frosh week?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano

@beyondsection17 wrote
So what made you all pick Western? :)

Western seemed like the only logical choice: Great academics, great social scene. I don't see why one would not pick Western! Plus I plan on heading to Law school after my undergrad, and I've heard nothing but good things about Western Law.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mvplayur wrote
How is frosh week?

I heard Western has one of the most exciting O-weeks ever!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of dearjasminee dearjasminee

@heesoup wrote
I live in London, and I took a philosophy course at Western and use the libraries a lot.
It just has a safe and welcoming atmosphere and people are actually quite studious in contrary to many beliefs.

How was the philosophy course at Western? Did you have a good prof? I can't decide whether to take psychology or philosophy as an elective first year.. =\
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nyletak nyletak
Congrats to everyone for accepting Western! O-Week is a lot of fun :) If any of you guys have questions about the health studies program feel free to PM me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dearjasminee wrote

@heesoup wrote

How was the philosophy course at Western? Did you have a good prof? I can't decide whether to take psychology or philosophy as an elective first year.. =\

It was a good course overall. My profs alternated because they were PHD candidates. There was a good learning atmosphere as there were only about 100ish people in the lectures, and great interaction with the profs because you are encouraged to ask questions. Most people take psych, but I am glad I took philosophy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dearjasminee dearjasminee

@heesoup wrote

@dearjasminee wrote

@heesoup wrote

It was a good course overall. My profs alternated because they were PHD candidates. There was a good learning atmosphere as there were only about 100ish people in the lectures, and great interaction with the profs because you are encouraged to ask questions. Most people take psych, but I am glad I took philosophy.

Did you have to write a lot of papers? and how many pages did they have to be? My schedule is gonna be pretty tight so I don't want a course with a huge workload even though I really do want to take philo though D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I took philosophy 1020, and you write 6 short papers for the whole course. But only top 5 marks are taken.
They have to be 500-700 words so like 2 or 3 pages, and they are all personal thinking questions, so you don't have to research and find sources! They were not time consuming at all...The readings were worse.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
I know A LOT of people from my school going to UWO next year (and possibly me...not sure :\...care to convince me?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

@mvplayur wrote
How is frosh week?

I heard Western has one of the most exciting O-weeks ever!

You heard right - it's the biggest and best in Canada.
Get stoked for The Western Dimension!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Emaad13 wrote
I know A LOT of people from my school going to UWO next year (and possibly me...not sure :\...care to convince me?)

Ask us questions! I don't know a single person at UWO who regrets their university choice. Western has unbelievable academics, unbelievable social life, and an incredible atmosphere of activism and care. It's home to 33,000 students every year - join us. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur

@beyondsection17 wrote

@Emaad13 wrote

Ask us questions! I don't know a single person at UWO who regrets their university choice. Western has unbelievable academics, unbelievable social life, and an incredible atmosphere of activism and care. It's home to 33,000 students every year - join us. :)

clear your inbox please :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mvplayur wrote

@beyondsection17 wrote

@Emaad13 wrote

clear your inbox please :)

Cleared. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of freebird freebird

@Emaad13 wrote

Western is home. Ever since I arrived on move-in day, the community feel has been amazing. There are so many great things to get involved with. In particular, I have met some of the coolest and most genuine people through sophing. I love the orientation program, the residence community, and Western as a whole! And I can't wait to be back there in the fall to meet all the new first years and continue sophing!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@mvplayur wrote
How is frosh week?

Frosh week at Western is exceedingly over-rated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0