yconic - Western Hometown Demographic?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Hometown Demographic?

A photo of KingSpades KingSpades
Just curious what cities/towns do most UWO students come from. Like what proportion are from cities like Toronto, Thornhill, Markham, Oakville, London or anywhere else? Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@Respects wrote
Most people at Western come from the caucasian cities. Not lot of people from markham and toronto choose to go there because it's so far.

That's so not true. I find a lot of people come from Mississauga and Oakville. As for breakdown, I dunno... 95% of the people are from Southern Ontario, of those more than half are from the GTA, particularly Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, and Thornhill/Markham/Richmond Hill. A good proportion are from London (maybe 20%). You'll meet quite a few people from Sarnia, K-W, Cambridge, Hamilton, Burlington, Brantford, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Windsor.

London is less than two hours from most of the GTA, and there are quite a few transportation options to get to and from, so it's not really that far.
Was this helpful? Yes 0