yconic - Western Huron BMOS(no ivey) vs Brock BBA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Huron BMOS(no ivey) vs Brock BBA

A photo of marvin1992 marvin1992
which is better in terms of

a career preperation for finance
opporunities to get better grades
internships or coop
teaching quality
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of kiddinaround kiddinaround

@marvin1992 wrote
which is better in terms of

a career preperation for finance
opporunities to get better grades
internships or coop
teaching quality

Huge bias here because I go to Brock. Take it however you want.

Western BMOS - Huron:
- Grades: It's still a western degree, which means you will likely get Western like grades. They can't have everyone getting A's. It's probably about even though.
- Internship/Co-op: lol its huron
- Rep: From what ive been told huron is gay, and extremely jewish (not that theres anything wrong with that). It's not the same experience as main campus regardless of what people say (according to multiple friends at huron and main)
- Specialization in finance: No idea, it would be interesting to see what western offers in terms of finance in later years to non-ivey kids
Teaching Quality: Small class sizes is a plus, but first year courses suck everywhere

Brock BBA
-Grades: I'm in accounting, but I found it easy to get good grades (Overall 83 first year, if you consider that good i guess). I knew some people who really struggled so i guess its a toss up
-Co-op: If you're in co-op you're set. Jobs at banks are not uncommon, co-op rate isnt 90% but its about as high as other schools (because of recession). Co-op office will really help you get a placement though.
-Rep: lot's of rep in the niagara region, which has good career opportunities, but not that reputable in the GTA and accross Canada... atleast not yet (if ever)
-Specialization in Finance: There are some interesting and a wide range of finance courses offered in later years (econometrics, Corporate finance, the works) from looking at my course guide. there is a Finance group which i would strongly encourage you to join (BFIG, really, its not that gay, and very informative, I'm in it)
- Teaching Quality: Relatively small class sizes (except calculus which is easy). The later years are supposedly better. Prof's are rather interesting characters too
Was this helpful? Yes 0