yconic - WESTERN Intramurals Questipns
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WESTERN Intramurals Questipns

A photo of kjp8908 kjp8908
Hello

I'm wondering when we usually have to sign up for Intramurals @ UWO ( especially Soccer & basketball ) and does it cost anything? if it does, how much?

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of freebird freebird
Sign ups are usually in the second or third week of each semester. And yes, it costs money. It's different for every sport, but it's usually around $20 to $30.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh $20-$30, that's good! I was reading somewhere and saw $350-400 so I got pretty scared!

Do you know around what time most intramurals start?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Meridian Meridian
freebird - is there any reason to try to form or get on a team before the 2nd week sign ups? Do some sports fill up so fast that first years tend to miss out to already organized upper year teams ? (Happens at other Uni's). thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kjp8908:
I've heard hockey can be around $100 or something, but I think that's the highest.
And do you mean what time of day? There are weekday ones in the evenings, where your game may be anywhere from 7 to 11pm, and then there are weekend intramurals that are either morning or afternoon.

@Meridian:
Yeah, if you can get a bunch of people to commit early, that's definitely best. I've heard some intramurals sell out super fast, with people literally lining up before registration opens. But you can always join a free agent team with a couple people too.

If you happen to be living in London Hall, we're organizing rez teams for a few sports, where you'll pay the rez council instead of the rec centre. That way you get to meet people in the building too, and you don't have to worry about the hassle!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Bure Bure
I was just thinking of making a thread to ask about intramurals at Western... One of the things that me and my buddies are most stoked on for next year.

I was wondering though, are there ranging difficulty levels?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bure wrote
I was just thinking of making a thread to ask about intramurals at Western... One of the things that me and my buddies are most stoked on for next year.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

And that's a good question Bure, I know i've heard Guelph has like a 'A' league 'B' league, etc. I'm sure Western has it, can anyone confirm?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kjp8908 wrote

@Bure wrote

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

And that's a good question Bure, I know i've heard Guelph has like a 'A' league 'B' league, etc. I'm sure Western has it, can anyone confirm?

For most sports, there are recreational and competitive levels (and I think comp A/B for some sports). And co-ed for some of these too. For the sports with low registration (and maybe certain select sports), there's only competitive. Also, I can't imagine that inner tube water polo has a competitive league, but you never know!

It really depends on the sport as to how competitive people actually are though. For example, I played co-ed rec soccer in first year, and it was still quite competitive. Whereas co-ed rec flag football was more relaxed. And I've played girls competitive flag football, and for the most part everyone's just there for a good time. Maybe that's just a girl vs. guy thing though...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bure Bure
I'm just browsing through all the intramurals right now, trying to decide what to sign up for... Any suggestions or words of advice from someone at Western who's familiar with the process?
Was this helpful? Yes 0