yconic - Western Ivey AEO: How much should I expect to pay in total?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Ivey AEO: How much should I expect to pay in total?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Everyone knows that Western is expensive, but how expensive would a student expect? How much would one be in debt after graduation? How do you manage expenses and finances especially from a slightly below middle-class family? If I become a student at Western as a BMOS student, AEO status, how much should I expect total expenses be?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
BMOS+HBA1+HBA2+living expenses = ~100k over 4 years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
I've thought about this too. Keep in mind that OSAP only requires you to pay back a certain amount (+/- 8000) per year no matter how much they grant you. Coming from a low income family, I'm expecting to get around 12,000-13,000 and so there could be around $5000 docked off. There's also entrance scholarships of $2000 for everyone above 90 avg (every1 in Ivey basically) and there's always University bursaries. Add that to summer jobs/internships and your debt will be significantly lower when you graduate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
My parents gave me a deal :/

They'd give me 110k over four years, as long as I paid them 11.5k every year after I graduate for ten years...

I couldn't get OSAP with my family's income bracket...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Obsessedwski Obsessedwski

@Serendipity wrote
My parents gave me a deal :/

They'd give me 110k over four years, as long as I paid them 11.5k every year after I graduate for ten years...

I couldn't get OSAP with my family's income bracket...

Hahaha like a home-made Student Loan/Retirement Plan combined!
Was this helpful? Yes 0