yconic - Western Kin - Cutoff vs Reported Average?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Kin - Cutoff vs Reported Average?

A photo of Berringer Berringer
Hey,

Through surfing these forums, many people have said that the cut off for Western Kin is around 85%. However, the CUDO PDF says that the admission average was 85.4, with people whose marks are under 85% getting in. Could anyone clarify?

Also, my expected average is around 84-86%, do I have a good chance of getting it?

Thanks in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
Some of the people getting in below the cutoff are probably getting in based on their supplementary forms.

I'd say you're safe if you're above 85.5%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9
i was at the kine presentation on western view day and the lady at the presentation the cut-off was 85.1 which was the highest its ever been. i think the cudo one is an average of the averages of people who got in? i do have a friend who got in last year with a 83 average but he wrote the supplementary for extracurricular and outstanding achievements. You should have wrote it if you expected your average to been under or close to the cut-off. But the deadline for the supplementary is passed so that is unavailable.
try really hard to get over 85.5 i'd say and you'll be fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0