yconic - WESTERN, Media Information and Technoculture - Acceptance/Info/Discussion
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WESTERN, Media Information and Technoculture - Acceptance/Info/Discussion

A photo of BeliefTheChief BeliefTheChief
So i've been waiting and waiting and waiting and still i've recieved no reply from Western for their MIT program.

Has anyone been accepted yet?
If so... what was your average and did you do anything to stand out?

I had a 82.3 (80,82,85) average for first semester and a 93.3 (87,95,98) for my midterms second semester. Leaving me at a 87.8. Any clue how my standings are?

The average acceptance average for Western last year was 86.3%(Macleans University Report 2010).

Cheers!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of mattshore mattshore
Hey there,

I was accepted to both MIT and MTP in early March. I have an 89% average. They don't look at extra-curriculars or anything, so nah. Nothing to stand out. While these programs sounded great to me, I ended up accepting Radio and Television Arts at Ryerson.

It's weird how you haven't been accepted yet though. Did you apply late or something? Weird.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

And now im getting nervous haha...

I applied rather early, i did recieve a message from OUAC regarding my marks as they were put up late. But the fallowing day I saw then on my profile. So far i've been accepted at Ryerson and UTM for similar programs but had yet to hear from Western.

What drawed you to the Ryerson program?

Thanks!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ecabby ecabby
I got into the MIT program in late January with around the same average as you, 88%. You should be getting an offer soon, I know a lot of people are still waiting and they are doing more in the next couple weeks i believe
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Thank you for the insight ecabby, can't wait!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mattshore mattshore

@BeliefTheChief wrote
And now im getting nervous haha...

I applied rather early, i did recieve a message from OUAC regarding my marks as they were put up late. But the fallowing day I saw then on my profile. So far i've been accepted at Ryerson and UTM for similar programs but had yet to hear from Western.

What drawed you to the Ryerson program?

Thanks!

Hmm. You'll get in. Don't worry.

It just sounded a lot more "me" to me. I like how I'll be living in downtown Toronto, which is pretty creatively inspiring, etc. Closer to home, will end up being cheaper. Yeah. Yeah!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp
From what western admissions did last year, bulk of admissions go out may 7th to mid may. 50% of the bulk of acceptances will happen may 7th.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JPirraglia JPirraglia
I've also heard that Western sends out the bulk of their acceptances in May!!! I got accepted to MIT in January but didn't find out I was accepted to MTP until March and my average last year was 93 and first semester this year only 87. I'm sure you'll get in! Your average is amazing, so I wouldn't worry about it! Good Luck! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0