yconic - Western, Ottawa or Waterloo?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western, Ottawa or Waterloo?

A photo of crazyfrog007 crazyfrog007
Hi there,

I am currently living in Toronto with my parents and our combined family income isnt that great lets just say. But my parents want me to go to a good university no matter the expenses but I dont want to place such a big burden on them. I will be getting OSAP but from what I've heard, it is really hard to pay back.

So considering that, I am trying to choose between Western, Waterloo or uOttawa.
Western and Ottawa for Biomed or Health Sciences and Waterloo for Life Sciences.

What would you suggest is the best university to attend for me? Which uni out of my choices would you say is worth it?

Also, how is the campus life in those three universities? I am hoping to attend Western if I am to get accepted.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of crazyfrog007 crazyfrog007

@Lawstudent1 wrote

@crazyfrog007 wrote
Hi there,

I am currently living in Toronto with my parents and our combined family income isnt that great lets just say. But my parents want me to go to a good university no matter the expenses but I dont want to place such a big burden on them. I will be getting OSAP but from what I've heard, it is really hard to pay back.

So considering that, I am trying to choose between Western, Waterloo or uOttawa.
Western and Ottawa for Biomed or Health Sciences and Waterloo for Life Sciences.

What would you suggest is the best university to attend for me? Which uni out of my choices would you say is worth it?

Also, how is the campus life in those three universities? I am hoping to attend Western if I am to get accepted.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Bsc degree? Goal is grad school? Stay at home and save money. Go to Ryerson or York. Get a higher GPA and get into your desired professional program. Best advice any of us can give you.

Since I am getting OSAP, i can say that money is not much of a problem right now. And from what I have heard, Ryerson and York aren't that good of a school for sciences. Is that true?

Also, is Western really that expensive?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of ExplorerMF ExplorerMF
I agree with Lawstudent1. Attend a school that's cheaper for you and just work on getting a high GPA if grad school is your goal. Undergrad education in Canada is the same everywhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0