yconic - Western Res
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Res

A photo of confusion confusion
I've heard that Western has some residences that are really known for their partying. I just wanted to know which residences are known for this so I can avoid them when ranking my preferred residences.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of random random
I heard Saugeen because it's the largest.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MissSnoopy MissSnoopy
Unfortunately, every residence has some kind of partying. :P

If you really want to avoid it, then go with suite style residences as your rooms would be more isolated. It gets pretty loud in traditional residences, especially if it is on your own floor.

And yeah, I've heard things about Saugeen too. Avoid it just in case and don't be too sad if you end up there because I've also heard not everyone there is a partyer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moondroppearl moondroppearl
Choose Elgin or Essex if you want less partying and try to get on the quiet floor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@confusion wrote
I've heard that Western has some residences that are really known for their partying. I just wanted to know which residences are known for this so I can avoid them when ranking my preferred residences.

They're all notorious for partying..........even on the quiet floors. Definately stay away from any and all residence buildings.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stoichiometry stoichiometry
If you are a responsible person, it doesn't matter what residence you are in. Plus, a little bit of partying will be beneficial. You can't obsess over your studies all the time or you will burn out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9
why does it matter...can't you just get a little self control to stop yourself from going out ahaha?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Most university students end up going out of residence to party as the year drags on. Even in traditional residences (Saugeen, MS, Deli), you can still live relatively peacefully. However, if you don't like people and don't really want to be distracted, suite style will suit you far better. I'd say the quietest residences are London/Perth/Alumni, but they're all pretty damn far from campus.

P.S, there's a conspiracy that if you put Saugeen as your last choice, they might give it to you because they're trying to fill it with people who wouldn't typically party and get rid of the partying stigma it has.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@onlymatthew wrote
P.S, there's a conspiracy that if you put Saugeen as your last choice, they might give it to you because they're trying to fill it with people who wouldn't typically party and get rid of the partying stigma it has.

That almost sounds too believable...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mccannca466 mccannca466
Saugeen has quite the reputation... it is Canada's biggest party res. Seriously, it was the only Canadian res to make it in Playboy's Top 10 Party Residences of North America for 2011. It was #4 on the list.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011/04/13/17983491.html

But I have friends in Saugeen and Delaware right now. And my friend in Saugeen said that there was a huge crackdown this year, and my other friend says Delaware had taken up the slack as the new party res. But regardless of hearsay or crackdowns, Saugeen is still a huge party res. And I'm sure you'll find that in any traditional res in Western.

So we're just gonna have to suck it up and plan around it. Or don't go to Western.
Was this helpful? Yes 0