yconic - WESTERn SAO day
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WESTERn SAO day

A photo of mmmmmmmn mmmmmmmn
So I got my offer from western and I'm planning to attend there........but I see that they have sao day during june? and what happens if I don't make it? I live outside ontario and I don't think I'll go there for a week and come back and go back again in september....:s so.........is it okay to miss it?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of juliealison juliealison
No, you can give them a phone number and they will call you and do the appointment over the phone. Supposedly 95% of people participate but that means that you don't HAVE to but it is helpful for course selection and stuff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mmmmmmmn mmmmmmmn
oh cool :) THANKS:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
do you need to know your courses beforehand?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
If you can come out, do try! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 123abcuwo 123abcuwo

@xxMoonCakezxx wrote
do you need to know your courses beforehand?

They make your schedule for you at SAO day. That being said, you need to know the list of courses & the times that you want. It makes your life easier at SAO day because the people there will just click a few buttons on the computer & register your courses for you on the spot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ecabby ecabby
Try to come out to SAO day! It sounds like it will be a great opportunity to meet people in addition to confirming your courses.

Does anyone know when they give you your number and such for the room lottery thing?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ecabby wrote
Try to come out to SAO day! It sounds like it will be a great opportunity to meet people in addition to confirming your courses.

Does anyone know when they give you your number and such for the room lottery thing?

In July or August...You find out your roommate if you applied to a double room in late August I believe according to the rez booklet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of dearjasminee dearjasminee
Does it matter if I go on the last day of SAO?
I already chose all my courses and everything so is it a big deal if I go last?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you live close, still go! I liked meeting some of the people from my faculty and the profs and counselors are informative! They may even make your timetable better if it is not symmetrical already (that is, if there are spaces in the courses left).
Was this helpful? Yes 0