yconic - Western Social Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Social Science

A photo of lifelikethis lifelikethis
I'm not sure about the first part since I've never looked into it.
Maybe not for early admission, but that should be good for regular admission I would think.

As for the second question, nope.. order doesn't matter.
:compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm not sure about the first part since I've never looked into it.
Maybe not for early admission, but that should be good for regular admission I would think.

As for the second question, nope.. order doesn't matter.
:compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented
Western's Arts (which includes Social Sciences) usually accepts students with anything over an 82-83% ish, you yes, you'll be fine. If you wanted to do sciences, you'd have to be over 85%ish.

Try to get over 83% though - one of my friends didn't get in with an 82.6% and her friend got in with 83%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of caiddle44 caiddle44
I'm a little worried. I applied to Guelph, Ryerson and Western for Social Science.. but I'm still waiting to hear back from Western and it's my #1 choice!
I had a 87% average first semester, with an 88% in English.. but my overall gr.11 average was only a 79% with only a 71% in English.. is this affecting my chances of getting accepted? Is there still hope?
My friend got accepted 2 days ago and she only has an 84% average with about the same average as me for gr.11.. how is that possible?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@caiddle44 wrote
I'm a little worried. I applied to Guelph, Ryerson and Western for Social Science.. but I'm still waiting to hear back from Western and it's my #1 choice!
I had a 87% average first semester, with an 88% in English.. but my overall gr.11 average was only a 79% with only a 71% in English.. is this affecting my chances of getting accepted? Is there still hope?
My friend got accepted 2 days ago and she only has an 84% average with about the same average as me for gr.11.. how is that possible?

Don't worry. More acceptances will be given out in April & May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13

@caiddle44 wrote

Your Grade 11 mark should not affect your chances, especially with the average that you have in grade 12. You will be fine!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waitaminute waitaminute

@caiddle44 wrote

You should get in with those marks. Probably the only reason you didn't get accepted during Early Acceptance is because your grade 11 average was lower. Don't know why your friend got in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0