yconic - Western Social Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Social Science

A photo of lifelikethis lifelikethis
Is it likely that I will be accepted to the main campus of Western with an 86-87% grade 12 average for social sciences?
Does Western look at anything else besides your grades for this program?
When do they send the majority of their acceptances?
Also, does the order you put your university choices in matter?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of prmly prmly

@lifelikethis wrote
Is it likely that I will be accepted to the main campus of Western with an 86-87% grade 12 average for social sciences?

you'll get in. 87% for western social sciences is pretty solid.
uh, unless they require a supplemental app, they won't be looking at anything else.
order does not matter.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew

Like prmly said, an 87% average is pretty competitive. I'd be very surprised if you didn't get in.

No. If you really want to, you can send in a form explaining your extracurriculars and stuff, but this isn't required and will only be used if your average falls below the cutoff. The form is available on Western's website.

Acceptances have already started going out. I'm assuming that most acceptances would go out after second semester mid-term marks come out.

With very few exceptions, no it does not. I'm not sure if Western is a "one offer only" school or not, but if it is and you've applied for more than one program there, make sure your top choice is ranked highest on OUAC because if you get in to your highest ranked program, you won't be considered for any others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
First of all, the order does not matter.
And I think your average is pretty solid for Western's social sci. Just play the waiting game now :) And Western makes its offers in waves. The next one will be mid-March or early April I think, or right after 2nd semester midterms...Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lifelikethis lifelikethis
Thanks for the reply's!
Still waiting on Western. I was kind of expecting to have to wait until may to hear from them since my grade eleven marks weren't that great and I don't think my average this year was good enough for early acceptance.
Kinda anxious and worried though ahahhaa.
Was this helpful? Yes 0