yconic - WESTERN UU
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WESTERN UU

A photo of TH3U TH3U
At Western U----in terms of socially..are non white people like with their own clique or do they hang out with white people as well...like whats the situation there..cuz im scared if im the only brown person or one of couple among 1000 cacausasin would i have a hard time fitting in because my skin, accent and culture i guess?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Western is a lot more diverse than most people would have you believe. 55% white, 30% East Asian, 14% brown, 1% black is probably about right. Among 1000 white people, you'd probably find about 250 brown people. I don't think you need to be concerned.

For the most part, groups tend to be single-race, but you will find quite a few mixed race groups too. My group consisted of five whites, two Asians; one half-Asian, half-white; two browns, and one black guy. Mixed race for sure, but culturally we were all white.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TH3U TH3U
so is western like 75 percent culturally white...like i dont know what culturally is that like heave metal and using terms like gnarly or is just plain normal sophisticated white.
cuz i have white eastern european friends who are like different from some of the skaters ive met so fill me in...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
western is a party school. when everyone gets drunk no one cares if your white brown or blue:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Topiary Topiary

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Western is a lot more diverse than most people would have you believe. 55% white, 30% East Asian, 14% brown, 1% black is probably about right. Among 1000 white people, you'd probably find about 250 brown people. I don't think you need to be concerned.

For the most part, groups tend to be single-race, but you will find quite a few mixed race groups too. My group consisted of five whites, two Asians; one half-Asian, half-white; two browns, and one black guy. Mixed race for sure, but culturally we were all white.

Your numbers are contradictory.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Care to explain?

I mean, if you put a lot of faith in my guessed demographic breakdowns, and want a "most likely" number of brown people alongside 1000 white people (not just a "probably about"), then you'll most likely find 254.545454 brown people among 1000 white people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0