yconic - Western Vs. Queen's Economics and Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Vs. Queen's Economics and Acceptance

A photo of PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp
Hey, Just wondering when exactly does Western give out their offers for social-sci financial economics? Currently I'm at a 89.7% average and got into Queen's a few weeks ago and just waiting on western right now. Also, was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on which is more reputable and has the best opportunity with a degree in economics. Looking to go into banking, or becoming an analyst.

Any help would me much appreciated, Cheers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Both schools are great for economics. And Western will probably get back to you soon in May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
I would choose Queens over Western...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
Queens or Western, can't go wrong with both.

Acceptance avg is about the same
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster

@Cuiter23 wrote
They are both extremely good business schools! Top 1 and 2 in Canada.

You cannot go wrong with both and Richard Ivey School of Business is very well known worldwide.

OP's not talking business.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@thecookiemonster wrote

@Cuiter23 wrote
They are both extremely good business schools! Top 1 and 2 in Canada.

You cannot go wrong with both and Richard Ivey School of Business is very well known worldwide.

OP's not talking business.

LOL mb, looks like I misread the topic :s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ott93 ott93
You'll hear back from Western in early May. My guess is next Friday or the following Friday. I can confidently say that you will be accepted. Although, I think Queen's has the better program beating UWO by just a tiny bit. I'd say go to the school that you think you'll like more because the programs are very comparable and you'll ultimately do better at the school that you're happiest at. Good luck with your UWO acceptance and your final decision!
Was this helpful? Yes 0