yconic - Western vs. Queen's Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western vs. Queen's Engineering

A photo of ACEEGAN ACEEGAN
I've been accepted to Western, Queen's, Guelph, McMaster and Carleton for engineering all general except for Carleton which is aerospace. However I'm trying to choose between Queen's and Western. I got a $1000 scholarship to Western but only if my final average is 87%+. For Queen's I got a $5000 bursary and I only need to maintain a 75% average. Which is a better school for engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@ACEEGAN wrote
I've been accepted to Western, Queen's, Guelph, McMaster and Carleton for engineering all general except for Carleton which is aerospace. However I'm trying to choose between Queen's and Western. I got a $1000 scholarship to Western but only if my final average is 87%+. For Queen's I got a $5000 bursary and I only need to maintain a 75% average. Which is a better school for engineering?

They're pretty much equal for engineering but I'd go with Queens.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@JNBirDy wrote

@ACEEGAN wrote

for what reasons? I know Queen's has the highest graduation rate and you get to pick your major no matter what
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of c1 c1
I would choose Queen's. More money at entrance, better environment for study, better reputation (according to my math teacher)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@c1 wrote
I would choose Queen's. More money at entrance, better environment for study, better reputation (according to my math teacher)

your thinking about going there as well?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of c1 c1

@ACEEGAN wrote

your thinking about going there as well?

No, i'm going to Waterloo to study math; however, I thought about engineering before, and my old plan was to apply to Queen's as well as U of T and Waterloo (but not any other universities)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@ACEEGAN wrote

@JNBirDy wrote

@ACEEGAN wrote

for what reasons? I know Queen's has the highest graduation rate and you get to pick your major no matter what

I'd pick Queens purely based on the fact you're getting more money. But if you want to go to Western go ahead - you're going to get a solid education regardless. I go to Western and I think it's great.

@c1 wrote

Not really.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@JNBirDy wrote

@ACEEGAN wrote

@JNBirDy wrote

@ACEEGAN wrote

I'd pick Queens purely based on the fact you're getting more money. But if you want to go to Western go ahead - you're going to get a solid education regardless. I go to Western and I think it's great.

@c1 wrote

Not really.

ya im not sure how westerns bursary program is
and according to all the people I asked including my math and physics teachers they're basically the same when it comes to reputation
Was this helpful? Yes 0