yconic - Western?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western?

A photo of Maria324 Maria324
Hi,

I was told by admissions that I don't qualify for residence because I'm coming in from CEGEP....

Anyway, Western offered me first year admission to engineering and an alternate offer for second year science. In my admissions package I had a paper offering me residence... which is confusing.

I'm not sure if this was a mistake or if they genuinely offered my a guaranteed spot in residence, even though I don't meet any of the requirements (well, I'm unmarried and without child). Perhaps I only get the guarantee if I choose engineering? Anyway, even if I choose science (which I'm leaning towards), I only have 3/5 credits, so I'm technically a first year student in my second semester.... and have never been to university....

I also live 10 hours away and can't look for a place -.- nor do I know anyone going to Western...

I don't want to contact housing because I don't want my offer to be withdrawn. Which brings me to my other question: once I make the 800$ deposit, do they have the right to take back my guarantee and refund me the 800$?

Which would really, really, really suck.

Please let me know if you have heard of anyone in a similar situation.. or have any advice whatsoever!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies