yconic - Westerns Biomed Program !! Admission average !!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Westerns Biomed Program !! Admission average !!

A photo of jeanpaul93 jeanpaul93
Hey guys I just have a general question about western's biomed program . I want to know if the following marks will get me into the program for fall of 2012. It says for program requirements you need advanced function English , and two of the following science ( bio Chem physics and so forth) but these are my marks

- advanced functions 90
- English 80
- biology 84
- chemistry 90
- calculus 90
- philosophy 87

Average : 87% !!

Will these marks get me in ? They are all university courses so . And I also have a question about physics . I didn't take it at all through out highschool , is it true they make you take a physics for people who didn't take it ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
An 87 should be just enough, but you're sitting on the borderline. The cut-off is usually about 86%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BioMEDICAL BioMEDICAL
I would say with a final average of 87% you are guaranteed admission to the program; for this year's entering class, the admission cut-off was 85.5%.

I believe it's highly improbable that the cut-off will rise 1.5% to 87%, since that would necessitate a pool of applicants that have much better grades than those of previous years.

If these are your final marks, I highly recommend taking a summer-school course to boost your average to an 87% (it's 86.83% as of now), since you would earn yourself a $1,000 scholarship from UWO. Think of it as being paid a grand to take a summer-school course with the advantage of perhaps further preparing yourself for university.

Best of luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0