yconic - Western's Demographic?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western's Demographic?

A photo of phyllisung phyllisung
Thinking of going here maybe.
I'm just wondering what the demographic and general feel of the place is. When I went to visit it was huge.

I heard that there are many snobby, white, rich Jewish kids mostly. Yes I read some previous posts and entirely agree. Most jews comes from CHAT, thornhill, ucc, bss, crestwood, etc. But thats okay, I have nothing against jews.

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of random random
I don't think there are "Jewish kids mostly". That's pushing it, don't you think?

It depends really on the program. I have a friend in biomed who roughly estimated that in the program, there are about "30% white, 20% brown, 20% koreans, 25% chinese, and 5% black".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
Jewish kids? I haven't met any. Snobby kids? There are some, though I don't think that would be significant enough to hinder you from choosing Western.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Could someone answer this with respect to Ivey/AEO's? It's not a big thing for me, I'm just curious :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
For the school as a whole, I'd say 55% white, 30% Asian, 14% brown, 1% black. Of the whites, maybe 1 in 10 are Jewish.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
There actually is a large Jewish and Asian population. However... they mostly just hang out with each other, so depending on who you expose yourself to, you'll have different perspectives on what the Western make up is like.

I think Western is big enough that you're bound to fit in somewhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0