yconic - What are Conditional offers from Queen's/ Waterloo/ UBC/ Mcgill for 2012/2013
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are Conditional offers from Queen's/ Waterloo/ UBC/ Mcgill for 2012/2013

A photo of NinaWrong NinaWrong
I have an overall average at 92~93 and I am from BC.
I am just wondering what conditional offers mean for these school?
Say they require me to maintain an average at 80%, do all prerequisites courses have to be above 80%?

When I applied I had an English average at 80% but I screwed up on my Jan provincial exam, which is worth 40% of my final English grade. Then my English final will never be 80% now. I am not quiet worried about my overall average, but just English final grade.

Do Queen's/Waterloo/UBC/McGill look at my final English mark at all for conditional offers? Or it's just overall average? I have not got any offer yet T T Anybody got conditional offers this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
congratz on the overall average! sucks for english :(

for the offers: yes 80% overall avg (including prereqs) of top 6 courses, and they will normally put conditions on eng, calc/adv func. etc if they want a minimum (eng will normally be 75% i think).

Mcgill hasn't let admitted recipients know yet about the conditions for the offer (annoying) but for some other schools, here are the percents:

laurier:82%
rotman (uoft):83%
western: 84%

i dont know the requirements for the ones you posted yet.

If your english mark drops below the required amount, then you should contact admissions- it looks good on you (because you are responsible,honest, etc.) and they will evaluate your application once more. (with your high average- should be okay)

good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela
I don't think Mcgill has ever specified the conditions for the offer, it just said maintain your average every year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Rela wrote
I don't think Mcgill has ever specified the conditions for the offer, it just said maintain your average every year.

ohhh - LOL smart of them!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman
Usually the average you have to main is 5% below the cutoff, or something similar.

You'll also have to keep your English mark above the required mark. Waterloo, for example, requires 75% in English for a lot of programs (such as AFM).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NinaWrong NinaWrong
Thanks guys. I think I will have to rewrite English Provincial exam in April to improve my mark. I start to get nervous now.T T No offer received at alllllllll.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@NinaWrong wrote
Thanks guys. I think I will have to rewrite English Provincial exam in April to improve my mark. I start to get nervous now.T T No offer received at alllllllll.

good luck!!!:bigsmurf:
Was this helpful? Yes 0