yconic - What are my chances ? Contd.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are my chances ? Contd.

A photo of BOSS10 BOSS10
Although i'm a gr 11 student currently, i have a good prediction of my marks in the following year along with the gr 12 courses im currently taking. :geek:

Currently:

Business Leadership - 95
International Business - 89
*M Courses^

Next Year *Prospective* Marks:

Accounting - 82
Calc - 73
Data Management - 86

Adv Func - 78
Economics - 93
Law - 87
Philosophy - 89

*I could night school gr12 Accounting starting february, take advanced functions in summer school and private school Calculus

; My mark in Accounting would probably be between 85-88, my Adv Func mark would be between 81-84 and my Calc mark would be between 83-86

Will Apply to (in order of preference):

Waterloo AFM - PA/FM
Schulich BBA
Laurier BBA
McMaster BComm

So...

What are my chances ?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I think it is hard to accurately predict how you will do in the future. And how do you figure you will go from a 73 in Calc to an 83-86?

Waterloo: at the very least 83/84/85 to get an invite to AFMAA, 90 is fairly competitive
Schulich: 90 (ish)
Laurier: Cutoff 86/87/88
McMaster: low-mid 80s

Get your marks to this level. Have good ECs. Write good supps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BOSS10 BOSS10
Sorry i meant an 83 in calc and my predictions are based on conferences with current teachers along with guidance and tracking progress over the years in related courses.

Do the universities i would like to apply to care about credits that have been achieved through private school, summer school and night school ?

Do they weigh them differently compared to courses completed in day school ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@BOSS10 wrote
Sorry i meant an 83 in calc and my predictions are based on conferences with current teachers along with guidance and tracking progress over the years in related courses.

Do the universities i would like to apply to care about credits that have been achieved through private school, summer school and night school ?

Do they weigh them differently compared to courses completed in day school ?

I know Waterloo takes 1-2% off for summer-school courses, but you would be best off e-mailing the admissions offices for each university to check.
Was this helpful? Yes 0