yconic - What are my chances for AEO status?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are my chances for AEO status?

A photo of tbodner tbodner
90 average

EC
Constructed classroom in northern Thailand, 3 week leadership course
Bronze Cross certification
Swift water rescue certification
In debate club
In model un club
Won rotary award for public speaking
Boarding house prefect
Rowing last year
Worked as summer camp instructor (volunteer)
Worked at safeway
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
Chances look bright. I know a kid with a 90.8% average and major EC included Deca president got accepted with AEO Status last year. You nailed it on the 90% avg and your first EC is really good. Make sure to highlight the experience and leadership qualities on supplementary or essay or additional forms that require such info. Also, I think Ivey requires work experience double check that. Good luck (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the reply, if two courses are projected marks would that make my application look weaker?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the reply, if two courses are projected marks would that make my application look weaker?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@tbodner wrote

No. If you are able to attain a 90+ in your four courses, then you should hear back from them when they send out the first batch of acceptances. I dont know much, I'm apply this year too:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No. If you are able to attain a 90+ in your four courses, then you should hear back from them when they send out the first batch of acceptances. I dont know much, I'm apply this year too:bounce: [/quote]

What average and EC are you applying with? And if you have the 90 or above you automatically hear from them for the first acceptances?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
I don't think you need work experience for Ivey (I didn't have any), but it does definitely help your cause.

Also, I wouldn't be so confident in simply having a 90 average. It seems to be a safe bench mark, but I would still try to bump those marks up higher. Having a 90 doesn't necessarily mean you'll hear from them in the first wave. Many of my friends and myself included had noticeably than a 90 average and we had to wait until slightly later.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Redprince Redprince

@onlymatthew wrote
I don't think you need work experience for Ivey (I didn't have any), but it does definitely help your cause.

Also, I wouldn't be so confident in simply having a 90 average. It seems to be a safe bench mark, but I would still try to bump those marks up higher. Having a 90 doesn't necessarily mean you'll hear from them in the first wave. Many of my friends and myself included had noticeably than a 90 average and we had to wait until slightly later.

You said the first wave is an average cut-off. If so how many other waves are there? and what happens in each one?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@Redprince wrote

@onlymatthew wrote

You said the first wave is an average cut-off. If so how many other waves are there? and what happens in each one?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !!!

Im not entirely sure but i think first wave happens for early acceptances around this time, second happens in march-april and last one happens for those on waiting lists. Like i said, not 100% sure on this but that is how it works for other universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
tbodner, what makes you want to apply to Ivey?

I'm gathering diff. opinions and accumulating them, as I'm debating myself on applying (93-95 avg, DECA pres, a couple other Pres., a few other exec/clubs, awards)
Was this helpful? Yes 0