yconic - What are my chances for Waterloo/Laurier Math/BBA Double Degree?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are my chances for Waterloo/Laurier Math/BBA Double Degree?

A photo of Powerfoe Powerfoe
I have okay-ish ECs such as student council, peer tutoring, and the prestigious music council. Here are my marks:

Advanced Functions 90
Calculus 89
Data Management 89
Accounting 88
Physics 88
English 84

Average: 88

I think I am pretty good, guys. What do you think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of lolsup lolsup

@Powerfoe wrote
I have okay-ish ECs such as student council, peer tutoring, and the prestigious music council. Here are my marks:

Advanced Functions 90
Calculus 89
Data Management 89
Accounting 88
Physics 88
English 84

Average: 88

I think I am pretty good, guys. What do you think?

I got in through the Laurier side with a 91.6 average, not including calculus. I had okay-ish EC's as well; VP of a couple clubs, but a lot of volunteer hours. I've never taken the Euclid, however. If you applied from the Laurier side, I think you have a fair chance. If you applied from the Waterloo side, not so much. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mrcass32 mrcass32
What are your chances for this program from the Waterloo and Laurier side with an 87 and above average ECs ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@mrcass32 wrote
What are your chances for this program from the Waterloo and Laurier side with an 87 and above average ECs ?

I just finished my 1st year in the program, and you would have one of the lower averages if you get accepted.

It really depends on what "above average" ECs means to you.What you think are "above average" may just be average when compared to the rest of the applicants, and the universities may see your ECs differently than you do.

In many years, the entrance average is slightly lower through WLU than through UW, so you may have a better shot getting in through Laurier.

If you write the Euclid and score high then you might have a shot at UW.

In all honesty though, don't be surprised if you don't get accepted, but you do have a chance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FMLFML FMLFML

@North wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

I just finished my 1st year in the program, and you would have one of the lower averages if you get accepted.

It really depends on what "above average" ECs means to you.What you think are "above average" may just be average when compared to the rest of the applicants, and the universities may see your ECs differently than you do.

In many years, the entrance average is slightly lower through WLU than through UW, so you may have a better shot getting in through Laurier.

In all honesty though, don't be surprised if you don't get accepted, but you do have a chance.

I can't believe you actually wrote so much for him. He's a pure trollll. Check his post history and u'll know what I'm talking about.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer

@North wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

is the laurier side easier for math/bba, or is it also easier for com science/bba. On the requirements for com science/bba, laurier side has low 90s and waterloo has mid 80s. Sorry for hijacking the thread OP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@computerengineer wrote

@North wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

is the laurier side easier for math/bba, or is it also easier for com science/bba. On the requirements for com science/bba, laurier side has low 90s and waterloo has mid 80s. Sorry for hijacking the thread OP.

I replied to your other thread, but I found a bit more information that I'll put here.

Some of it boils down to UW looking at your AIF regardless of marks, while WLU only looks at the ABS if your marks don't meet the cut-off.

Last year the cut-off was 90% at WLU
Source: http://www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=2256&p=9590
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FMLFML FMLFML
[quote=North]
@computerengineer wrote

@North wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

I actually have a question about DD. On WLU website they needed Cal at 85%, as a prerequisite. I didn't do well in Calculus this semester, but my overall average is still 92%+. Is it possible for me to get admission after midterms and try to boost my Cal mark to 85%?(final or summer school)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks, guys. I am applying to the Waterloo side; do you think that my high average of 88 and great ECs such as the music council will let me get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@FMLFML wrote

@North wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

I can't believe you actually wrote so much for him. He's a pure trollll. Check his post history and u'll know what I'm talking about.

You expect to get into Schulich with that kind of grammar?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mrcass32 wrote

@FMLFML wrote

@North wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

bro Schulich doesn't care about your English skills its cutoff is like 90 that means you can be like 95 in everything and 75 english and get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FMLFML FMLFML

@mrcass32 wrote

@FMLFML wrote

@North wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

Okay,my sentences are incoherent,thx for telling me.

Lol and I wasn't even referring to you as the troll. Maybe it's my fault for not writing clearly. I was talking about the OP(Powerfoe), so back off:batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

@FMLFML wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

@FMLFML wrote

@North wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

Okay,my sentences are incoherent,thx for telling me.

Lol and I wasn't even referring to you as the troll. Maybe it's fault for not writing clearly. I was talking about the OP(Powerfoe), so back off:batman:

In that case, I agree with you that OP is in fact trolling as it seems
Was this helpful? Yes 0