yconic - What are my chances of getting in?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are my chances of getting in?

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow
Current marks:

International Business - 98
English - 93
World Issues - 78
Data - 78
Functions - 75
Law - 70
Accounting - 70

top 6 avg: 82
avg by april marks: 83

Applied to:
McMaster Business (cutoff: 81-84)
Ottawa Commerce (cutoff: no clue)
Guelph Commerce (cutoff: no clue)
Laurier (cutoff: 87)
Waterloo Arts & Business (cutoff: high 70s)

*also, i heard that McMaster does not include CLN4UI (Law) as a course in your top 6, is this true?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of g93 g93
McMaster: highly likely
Ottawa Commerce: highly likely
Guelph Commerce: For sure
Laurier: Slight, slight chance if you have insane ECs and exceptional ABS. Likely an alternate offer to Honours Ec
Waterloo Arts and Business: Highly likely

*I don't see why they would. Makes no sense. Never heard of it before. Doubt it.

** Quite the disparity between your marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
Laurier: Slight, slight chance if you have insane ECs and exceptional ABS. Likely an alternate offer to Honours Ec

*I don't see why they would. Makes no sense. Never heard of it before. Doubt it.

I'm really nervous about getting into McMaster, it's my first choice. A lot people think I'm crazy for wanting to go there for business. Do you have any opinions on their business program?

**Yes, I agree. It was completely my fault; if only I had handed in my book review earlier, then my mark would have remained an 88 in World Issues and there would have been a litttttttle less disparity
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelakeshow wrote

@g93 wrote

I'm really nervous about getting into McMaster, it's my first choice. A lot people think I'm crazy for wanting to go there for business. Do you have any opinions on their business program?

**Yes, I agree. It was completely my fault; if only I had handed in my book review earlier, then my mark would have remained an 88 in World Issues and there would have been a litttttttle less disparity

It'sa good program, slightly underrated, a good second-tier school. It is fully accredited by ICAO and I haven't heard any bad things about the program. It's a good university. I would place it behind Laurier but above all of the rest for the programs you applied to. Some even put it ahead of Laurier (I definitely wouldn't, but still an excellent program).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
You will probably get into all those programs...;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@heesoup wrote

What makes you think he/she will get into Laurier? :scratch:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

What makes you think he will get into Laurier? :scratch:

what makes you think im a guy?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thelakeshow wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

what makes you think im a guy?

A guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

Because Laurier isn't as competitive as Ivey or Queen's? But again, I may be being ignorant. Forgive me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

Because Laurier isn't as competitive as Ivey or Queen's? But again, I may be being ignorant. Forgive me.

Cutoff will be ~87, which means marks-wise the same as Queen's (although you can get in with lower with amazing ECs and astounding ABS, but everyone knows Queen's is more competitive).

The chances of getting into Laurier BBA with an 83 are very, very, very slim (if cutoff is 87 or higher impossible actually, as they only consider up to 3% below).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

Cutoff will be ~87, which means marks-wise the same as Queen's (although you can get in with lower with amazing ECs and astounding ABS, but everyone knows Queen's is more competitive).

The chances of getting into Laurier BBA with an 83 are very, very, very slim (if cutoff is 87 or higher impossible actually, as they only consider up to 3% below).

okay well i dont know how, but i got accepted to laurier bba with a 79 average and no abs form
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelakeshow wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

okay well i dont know how, but i got accepted to laurier bba with a 79 average and no abs form

3 Grade 12 U/M and 3 Grade 12 or Grade 11 U/M without prereqs? Is that how you calculated?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

3 Grade 12 U/M and 3 Grade 12 or Grade 11 U/M without prereqs? Is that how you calculated?

i calculated my top 6 grade 12 courses = 79
if i do 3 grade 12 and 3 grade 11 = 86
if 4 grade 12 and 2 grade 11 = 84.83
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelakeshow wrote

@g93 wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

t's 3 Grade 12 U/M and three Grade11/12 U/M, so you got in with an 86 average I guess.

Oh yeah, congrats! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

@g93 wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@heesoup wrote

t's 3 Grade 12 U/M and three Grade11/12 U/M, so you got in with an 86 average I guess.

Oh yeah, congrats! :cheers:

THANK YOU!!!!!! you too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of claudiapedraza claudiapedraza
do ur top 3 grade 11 marks have to be prerequisits??
ex: if u dont have gr 12 english, they take ur gr 11 english?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@claudiapedraza wrote
do ur top 3 grade 11 marks have to be prerequisits??
ex: if u dont have gr 12 english, they take ur gr 11 english?

No, prerequisites don't have to be included (you just need 70+ or whatever in them by the end of the year).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of claudiapedraza claudiapedraza
oh okay! im so scared, i sent my transcrips before march break and on the website it say that they have received them but the english proficiency thing is still there.
im planning on callin them tmrw to see whats going on. If i add up my top 6 gr12/11 marks, then my average is an 87.167...so hopefully i get accepted :D
wish me luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@claudiapedraza wrote
oh okay! im so scared, i sent my transcrips before march break and on the website it say that they have received them but the english proficiency thing is still there.
im planning on callin them tmrw to see whats going on. If i add up my top 6 gr12/11 marks, then my average is an 87.167...so hopefully i get accepted :D
wish me luck

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of davidlu25 davidlu25
Does anyone know if there are any minimums to maintain, or to have for the program? especially the math marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0