yconic - What are my chances of getting into Engineering Science at UofT St. George with these marks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are my chances of getting into Engineering Science at UofT St. George with these marks?

A photo of FuadHossain FuadHossain
Lets say I get

Advanced Functions (U Level)- 95
Calculus (U Level)- 95
Data Management (U Level)- 95
Science (M Level) - 95
Earth and Space Science (U Level) - 93
Physics (U Level)- 90
Biology (U Level)- 90
Chemistry (U Level)- 90
Computer Science (U Level)- 90
English (U Level)- 88
French (U Level)- 88

Where should I apply to? What engineering programs would I have good chances of getting into at UofT? I still haven't decided on what type of engineering I want to get into. I would prefer types of engineering that has the highest salaries. Feel free to give me other suggestions as well, life sciences, other universities, etc...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of imaginaryengineer imaginaryengineer

I would prefer types of engineering that has the highest salaries.

Basket Weaving. Or... petroleum engineering

Your question is far too open ended what do you like? interests?? Aside from money.....

Be wary of eng sci they go way too far into theory for my liking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@imaginaryengineer wrote

I would prefer types of engineering that has the highest salaries.

Basket Weaving. Or... petroleum engineering

Your question is far too open ended what do you like? interests?? Aside from money.....

Be wary of eng sci they go way too far into theory for my liking.

Im thinking of engineering science, aerospace science, civil, chemical, or mechanical sciences. I like math a lot. Hate bio.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS
Just a heads up, the admission average for engsci is usually around 19%.
If your not sure what you want, consider trackone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx

@FuadHossain wrote
Where should I apply to?...I would prefer types of engineering that has the highest salaries. Feel free to give me other suggestions as well, life sciences, other universities, etc...

So I'm guessing you're currently in grade 11? Well I'm going to give you the same speech that you have probably already heard or one that you will hear many times next year: choose something you're passionate about!

Petroleum engineers make the most money but do not base your future career on salary! If you don't like chemical engineering, you will most likely change you're major after realizing you made dumb choice. If you go to Waterloo, I believe it's very difficult to change majors because of the different streams.

You will spend a large portion of your entire life working in the field of your choice. And if you have to wake up everyday to go do something you hate, you will regret it.

If you have good marks, go to U of T, Waterloo, Queen's, Mac etc. If you don't, there's York, Guelph, Ryerson, that offers the same curriculum. But all in all, you can become whatever you want to be!

Lastly, take this quiz to see what discipline you prefer: http://www.engineering.uwaterloo.ca/undergraduate/quiz/

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Lol DJ FuFu
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@StellaSparx wrote

@FuadHossain wrote
Where should I apply to?...I would prefer types of engineering that has the highest salaries. Feel free to give me other suggestions as well, life sciences, other universities, etc...

So I'm guessing you're currently in grade 11? Well I'm going to give you the same speech that you have probably already heard or one that you will hear many times next year: choose something you're passionate about!

Petroleum engineers make the most money but do not base your future career on salary! If you don't like chemical engineering, you will most likely change you're major after realizing you made dumb choice. If you go to Waterloo, I believe it's very difficult to change majors because of the different streams.

You will spend a large portion of your entire life working in the field of your choice. And if you have to wake up everyday to go do something you hate, you will regret it.

If you have good marks, go to U of T, Waterloo, Queen's, Mac etc. If you don't, there's York, Guelph, Ryerson, that offers the same curriculum. But all in all, you can become whatever you want to be!

Lastly, take this quiz to see what discipline you prefer: http://www.engineering.uwaterloo.ca/undergraduate/quiz/

What is realistically exclusive to those marks I have posted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS

@FuadHossain wrote

What is realistically exclusive to those marks I have posted?

That depends on what you mean by exclusive...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of broodp4 broodp4
Yes, yes u will get in!!!
I dnt appreciate your money angle though. I personally would never choose a profession on just the amount of money i would make.
Was this helpful? Yes 0