yconic - What are my chances of getting into Waterloo and U of T ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are my chances of getting into Waterloo and U of T ?

A photo of gsidhu22 gsidhu22
Hey so I am International Applicant from India. I have applied for the following courses at Waterloo and Toronto (Victoria is my 1st preference) -
1. UW Mathematics (Applied) - Co op
2. UW Computer Science and Math - Co op
3. UofT Mathematics and its Applications

I had a grade 10 CGPA of 9.8 on 10. My grade 11 results were -
Mathematics - 98/100
Physics - 90/100
English - 91/100
Chemistry - 71/100 (Yes I am REALLY bad at it)
Physical Education - 85/100

And my class 12 mid-term results were -
Math - 100/100
Physics - 82/100
English - 90/100
Chemistry - 70/100 (Yep, still that bad)
Phy Edu - 86/100

I'll get my 12th final results in May and I can guarantee that I will have a 100 in Mathematics with around 95 in both Physics and English. And I will somehow manage to score above 85 in Chemistry and Physical Education. So that will bring my average to around 92-93%.
I am writing the SAT Subject tests in May, Mathematics Level 2 and Physics. I'll get a 800 on those too (yeah I am a super nerd).
My CCA is kind of okay.. like -
1. I have captained my school basketball team (and won some tourneys here there)
2. I also captained my school debate team (and won A LOT of competitions)
3. I have a Best Actor award in a Drama Festival too!

So waddya guys think? What are my chances of getting into Waterloo? I have filled both AIF and Vic Student Profile and believe me, whatever I wrote in those 900 characters is going to rock whoever reads it.

Thanks!
Gurjot

PS- I have a question about the SAT. Can I write the SAT Subject tests directly without first writing the regular SAT I?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of SevenFlow SevenFlow
I'm not sure how they weight international students but if you had a 93% in Canada, you would definitely get in to both Waterloo programs (I have friends there with lower averages and 0 extra curriculars that made it in). However, competition amongst international students might be a bit higher considering they have a limited number of spots for international students
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gsidhu22 gsidhu22
Hmm.. thanks!
btw do you have any idea about the SAT part? Can I write the SAT Subject tests directly without first writing the regular SAT I?
Was this helpful? Yes 0