yconic - what are my chances???
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

what are my chances???

A photo of sabti sabti
hey i was wondering what my chances would be of getting accepted with my current marks?

world religion - 94
advanced functions - 80
chemistry - 80
music - 94
english - 91
calculus - currently in progress
physics - 75 (aiming for 80 by april report card)
biology - 90

overall average : 86.3 %

applied to:

waterloo chemical engineering: pending
western chemical engineering: pending
mcmaster chemical engineering: pending
queens chemical engineering: pending
ryerson chemical engineering : accepted
u of t chemical engineering: pending
u of t scarborough human biology: pending
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx
Well I know that Waterloo, Mac, and U of T will be getting your top 6 grade 12 average which includes the pre-reqs (eng, physics, chem, advanced functions, and calc) so do an approx calculation of your final avg and compare them to the admission avg requirements. Waterloo and U of T are looking for mid-80s and Mac is looking for low to mid 80s.

Good luck and hope you get an offer to the uni of your choice! :bom:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Solontus Solontus
For engineering, I would advise you to try and get a higher percentage in physics. That would be good for getting in and doing well in university. I am not sure about other universities, but for Waterloo, the first year physics course for engineering was brutal. The real average was probably around 35%, but was bell-curved to 60+%. The midterm usually gets and average of 40%. You should focus on physics a bit more and try to understand the concepts instead of doing lots and lots of questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sabti sabti

@Solontus wrote
For engineering, I would advise you to try and get a higher percentage in physics. That would be good for getting in and doing well in university. I am not sure about other universities, but for Waterloo, the first year physics course for engineering was brutal. The real average was probably around 35%, but was bell-curved to 60+%. The midterm usually gets and average of 40%. You should focus on physics a bit more and try to understand the concepts instead of doing lots and lots of questions.

okay, ill try thanks, physics is usually my lowest marks usually in the high 70s. i always get 90s on labs but get 70s or low 80s on tests
Was this helpful? Yes 0