yconic - What are my chances?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are my chances?

A photo of gebraroest gebraroest
I really want to get in to McMasters life science and I know my marks are terrible, so please let me know what my chances of getting in is.

SBI4U - 85
SCI4U - 85
MHF4U - 80
AMR4M - 90

Predicted marks for 2nd semester
AMI4U - 95
MDM4U - 95
ENG4U - 85
MCV4U - 80

I'll submit
SBI4U
SCI4U
MHF4U
AMI4U
MDM4U
ENG4U
as my top 6, so my predicted average will be 84-88
what are my chances of getting in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Your marks are definitely not terrible, you have a good shot of getting into life sci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Brocco Brocco
The McMaster University website (http://registrar.mcmaster.ca/forms/canad.php) says they predict an admission range of mid to high 80s, which you will likely achieve, so don't worry too much about it. Also Universities are often looking at qualities other than grades, so if you get good teacher references and think of any clubs and volunteer experience that you have, that will improve your chances of being accepted.
If you really want to get in, I'm sure it will happen for you.

Good luck!

Lia
Year 4, BSc Biology
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks a lot for your encouraging post, I don't have any significant extracurricular activities other than some unimportant clubs. I have about 150 hours of volunteer service, I guess that could be helpful
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chilly149 chilly149
Your marks are great.
you only need an 80, and so far you've had nothing lower!
plus that is quite a lot of volunteer hours.
I'm sure you'll have absolutely no problem :)
good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@chilly149 wrote
Your marks are great.
you only need an 80, and so far you've had nothing lower!
plus that is quite a lot of volunteer hours.
I'm sure you'll have absolutely no problem :)
good luck!

I've read the cut off range this year was mid-high eighties, was this changed to 80?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nipper1711 nipper1711
I Think you got a pretty good chance... If anything aim to get it to the 88% range.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of srowat srowat
With all those volunteer hours, I am sure you have a good chance! Maybe, if you are still worried about your marks, you could find ways to do more studying and homework. I have always wanted to have a study party and my teacher said that if you pretend to yourself that you really like the subject you absorb more and therefore learn more. If you do happen to have a study party- or anyone who has, do they work well? Do you actually get studying done in a fun way?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted