yconic - What are my chances?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are my chances?

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Grade 11 marks
CHA3U 96
CLU3M 97
ENG3U 90
BAF3M 100
MCR3U 98

Completed grade 12 courses
BBB4M 100
CLN4U 97
CHY4U 90

Midterms for first semester
MHF4U 96-98
ENG4U 90-92
MDM4U 88-92

Based on my marks, what are my shots at early admission for Rotman Commerce, UTM Finance, Mcgill Commerce, UBC Commerce and Waterloo Chartered Accountancy?

Do they send out offers before the end of semester 1? cuz i heard for some universities, if your average is in the 90s for both grade 11 and 12, you can get an early admission offer in december..

Thanks for answering in advance
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
I don't know much about those specific programs but your marks look pretty good lol. Early admission doesn't really matter, as long as you get admission at all, which I'm guessing you will for most/all of those.

I got an acceptance in November but that was Laurier arts...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Mac and Ottawa are my bottom lines, I know with the mark I have now, i can get into mac and ottawa with no doubt.

im just worrying about Rotman, Mcgill and UBC since they are my top 3 choices.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
I really don't get why people ask such questions with marks like this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@iRamie wrote

^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
You'll likely get into everything. If you're 92+, you have a good shot at almost every Canadian business undergraduate program.

The only risk I can see is with Math CA. If you take the less optimistic mark from your ranges of projected marks, your average is 93.5 for your top 6. I don't think that's competitive enough for Math CA, as that program usually requires you to be 95+. There are also some external factors you didn't bother to mention such as your EC's, which play a huge factor in admission into a business school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
Personally, I think your grades are fine. Don't stress out too much over them. When I was in grade 12 and applying for business schools (last year), my grades were horrific (for reals). For some schools, I didn't even meet the minimum grade requirments,but I had stellar work experience,leadership achievements, and won many awards (both in Ontario and internatioanlly), which was probably what got me accepted to the schools I applied for. Moral of the story is, extracircculars play a huge factor. Don't overlook them!

University of Western Ontario
Class of 2015
BMOS with AEO status
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iCobra iCobra
Apply to Schulich iBBA or BBA. Yes its York and has a crappy rep but it still is the best business program in Canada and one of the best in the world.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@iCobra wrote
Apply to Schulich iBBA or BBA. Yes its York and has a crapty rep but it still is the best business program in Canada and one of the best in the world.

Personally I dont like York (no offence), but if I was to go to toronto for university, definitely I'll go for UofT's Rotman commerce. Not only it has a very good reputation,but also its a pretty decent program as well.

york is just not on my list sorry man.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Joshki wrote

@iCobra wrote
Apply to Schulich iBBA or BBA. Yes its York and has a crapty rep but it still is the best business program in Canada and one of the best in the world.

Personally I dont like York (no offence), but if I was to go to toronto for university, definitely I'll go for UofT's Rotman commerce. Not only it has a very good reputation,but also its a pretty decent program as well.

york is just not on my list sorry man.

You're applying to Mac and ottawa for business but you won't apply to Schulich? :) I recommend UTSC coop management.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RedMittenDoc RedMittenDoc

@iRamie wrote

My bet is on, they want people to congrat them on the marks they have, so kids with 97 averages are like "MY MARKS SUC"...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of christinakwan1 christinakwan1
Have you thought about the other stuff that universities would be looking for? For example, I know Ivey at UWO and business in SFU like to look at what students do outside of class, like leadership, volunteer, any extracurricular activities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@christinakwan wrote
Have you thought about the other stuff that universities would be looking for? For example, I know Ivey at UWO and business in SFU like to look at what students do outside of class, like leadership, volunteer, any extracurricular activities.

I dont really stellar ECs, but i'd say mines either average or above. Im a member of a few clubs, volunteer at my school for some stuff, participated in some competitions and won a few awards. I had trainings in two major banks, one in switzerland, the other one in australia.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
If by Waterloo's Chartered Accountancy you were referring to AFM Chartered Accountancy (formerly Public Accounting, OUAC Code WPA)...

there's no early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of username101 username101

@iCobra wrote

I m actually really surprised you dont have Schulich or Queens as your choices.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@g93 wrote
If by Waterloo's Chartered Accountancy you were referring to AFM Chartered Accountancy (formerly Public Accounting, OUAC Code WPA)...

there's no early acceptance.

I decided not to apply for that program, instead i applied for the math/FARM (WMF). Is there any early acceptance for that program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@username101 wrote

@iCobra wrote

I m actually really surprised you dont have Schulich or Queens as your choices.

Everyones saying Schulich is good, what does it based on? To me, I never thought that Schulich is at the same level with Rotman, Sauders or Waterloo. (correct me if im wrong)

For QC, i did apply for it
Was this helpful? Yes 0