yconic - What Are "U/M" Courses?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What Are "U/M" Courses?

A photo of Danton Danton
I want to get into UoT but I'm from BC and have no idea what the U/M courses are. Can anyone provide a link or a list of courses can be used for the Top 6?

Also, what is the deadline for the UoT application?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Click here.
Play around with it.
I just picked science because that's what I'm going into.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
M courses, or U/C courses, are in between University and College level (Mixed). You can have up to two in your Top 6. The rest need to be U. I would suggest looking at the UofT website to see what it says for BC students, and hopefully someone from BC may know the equivalent and post it here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
From BC: okay, we don't have exactly the same program, generally the rule of thumb is that a U course is somewhat equal to a provincially examinable course. So you need 6 (or however many) provincially examinable (whether or not you actually take the exam) courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@moodeline wrote
From BC: okay, we don't have exactly the same program, generally the rule of thumb is that a U course is somewhat equal to a provincially examinable course. So you need 6 (or however many) provincially examinable (whether or not you actually take the exam) courses.

Yep, sounds about right.
Most of the U courses are equivalent to our provincially examinable courses.
It is top 6, but English has to be one of them for all faculties, so technically it's more like top 5.
And then most business/science programs requires some kind of math.. so it's top 4 after that....
Was this helpful? Yes 0