yconic - What are the chances of my acceptance to UBC?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are the chances of my acceptance to UBC?

A photo of LoMa00273 LoMa00273
If I have an average of 90%, am from New Brunswick, and want to get into psychology, do I have a chance of getting into the university?

Opinions are greatly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
A Psychology BA or BSc? You should be okay for Arts unless it's a unusually competitive year, and for Science you'll be around the cut-off.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was planning for a BA. Can't say I'm very good at sciences. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
A 90 should get you into Arts. If you have decent ECs then do the supp app as well to improve your chances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank you. :) Happy Holidays!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
No problem. You too. :santa:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IncanxGold IncanxGold
Dude, with an average of 90% your flying past admission averages, so I wouldn't worry. Most UBC fields look for mid 80's, with the exception in science. Going into their art program should be a breeze with you average. I mean people still sometimes don't get their choice University, but that's the exception, not the rule.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion
You're saying that Sauder looks for mid-80s? Too bad I know people who got rejected with 95 averages.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mig Mig

@Zion wrote
You're saying that Sauder looks for mid-80s? Too bad I know people who got rejected with 95 averages.

If you've been rejected and you had a mid 90 you can safely say the problem was not with your marks. I mean there is not a whole lot better your mark CAN be than 95.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion
Nice triple post. But no, my friend called admissions cause he thought it was a mistake and they said his marks didn't make the cut-off.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JT22 JT22
Try improving your mark a few percentages more. A 95% would almost certainly guarantee admission, unless the average admission average for that year is outrageously high or you have absolutely zero extracurricular activities
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rebecca-afford rebecca-afford
With anything above 90%, people are getting guaranteed scholarships. They may not be huge amounts of money, but it's for sure between 1 and 3 grand. But there are other aspects in getting accepted into a university.Being a well rounded person is something that a lot of them look into.
I am from BC and if you are not interested in a huge campus and super competitve acceptance but really want to go to UBC, definately consider UBCO. There is not much difference in courses and your diploma does not specify which campus you attended. As well, I have looked through the Mclean's magazine and their surveys showed a slightly higher satisfaction from students at UBCO compared to UBC. UBC (Vancouver) is also more of a graduate school so it is awesome if you wanted to continue your studies and do research. I am also pretty sure that for an arts degree, your average should be about 88 or higher. The averages at UBCO are lower for acceptance. I hope this helps and end some of this conflict. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of x0bailey0x x0bailey0x
The only problem that I have with saying apply at UBCO is that many of their program options are limited, and I have grown up in the Okanagan and can tell you... The people around here aren't very nice. Haha. I know it sounds bad but I have lived here for almost 10 years now and find it the most closed-minded, close-knit community I have ever seen in my life. Just a heads up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KhuloodI KhuloodI
I live in ALberta and I am applying at UBC aswell. A 90% is a very great avg. you might be able to get guaranteed scholarships.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rebecca-afford rebecca-afford
Haha, yes. I live by the Okanagan and the councellors at my school always warn us about applying to UBCO. Kelowna is a very cliquey town. I have had some friends go there are they love it. The grade averages for acceptance are beginning to increase there, so there is somewhat of a decrease is the "poof and sparkle" factor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0