yconic - What are your thoughts on BMOS + AEO Status?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are your thoughts on BMOS + AEO Status?

A photo of rougefiasco rougefiasco
I have been offered BMOS along with AEO status. Wondering what your insights are about this program. Is it hard, relatively easy or just useless? Also, is it a struggle to keep the 80% requirement for Ivey?
Your thoughts please :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@rougefiasco wrote
I have been offered BMOS along with AEO status. Wondering what your insights are about this program. Is it hard, relatively easy or just useless? Also, is it a struggle to keep the 80% requirement for Ivey?

If you have AEO Status to Ivey, they've geared it so that the majority will. It's not "easy", you will have your work cut out for you. But work hard and you should be able to.

About 80% of people given AEO Status maintain this. Now of the 20% who don't, you have to understand that some realized business wasn't what they wanted to pursue, they transferred, but some failed to meet the 80% requirements.

BMOS itself, a lot of Ivey students like it. They said it's pretty good and the 2+2 method allows you to do something (other than business) that you enjoy. For instance you can take political science, economics, BMOS, and others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy

@rougefiasco wrote

As long as you stick with your work habits in high school and your high school marks are not from private school, you'll be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mauds mauds

@Slowwy wrote

@rougefiasco wrote

As long as you stick with your work habits in high school and your high school marks are not from private school, you'll be fine.

Just out of curiosity, why do you say "not from private school"?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy

@mauds wrote

@Slowwy wrote

@rougefiasco wrote

Just out of curiosity, why do you say "not from private school"?

I meant as long as your marks are not bought from private schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kdesjardins kdesjardins

@Slowwy wrote

Why all the private school haters :bounce: ... this depends very much on the school, some private schools pose a more difficult, and more "university like" curriculum than publicly funded systems. My marks were not bought.

Anyways, I heard first and second year BMOS are relatively straightforward. I think it is a good opportunity to have a little fun before diving into the really stressful years of business school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mauds mauds

@kdesjardins wrote

@Slowwy wrote

Why all the private school haters :bounce: ... this depends very much on the school, some private schools pose a more difficult, and more "university like" curriculum than publicly funded systems. My marks were not bought.

Anyways, I heard first and second year BMOS are relatively straightforward. I think it is a good opportunity to have a little fun before diving into the really stressful years of business school.

I agree. So many "haters." I also attend a private/independent school, and I can confirm that what I cover throughout the year is far more difficult than all the local public schools (whether Catholic or public).

Back on topic, from what I have read/heard BMOS is relatively easy in the first two years, and as Slowwy mentioned, as long as you keep your high school work habits you should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0