yconic - What average do i need for guelph arts
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What average do i need for guelph arts

A photo of johnp2404 johnp2404
hey
i applied to guelph arts and REALLY want to go
my average is looking between 78-79 as of second semester mid term
what are my chances of acceptance??
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
78-79 looks pretty borderline for any program.
:S
But I think you MAY have a chance during the last round in May.
In order to secure a spot anywhere, I would say you should try working that up to a mid-80s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@cyynthiia wrote
78-79 looks pretty borderline for any program.:S
But I think you MAY have a chance during the last round in May.
In order to secure a spot anywhere, I would say you should try working that up to a mid-80s.

Have you been living under a rock? :bigsmurf:

And you have obviously never heard of UOIT
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Here's the results of a quick google search: https://admission.uoguelph.ca/template.aspx?SiteID=a5bef1c8-b213-4722-8fdd-86e984c6e925
75-80%. Guelph isn't exactly known for its arts, you definitely have a good chance, even more so if you did the SPF.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kmckeown kmckeown
I go to the University of Guelph and they have a very good art program! My room mate is in it and she loves it! Her average was around the same as yours and she got in. If you're really worried I would submit the 'Academic Profile' which is on the Guelph website. Basically you fill out the form and tell them why you want to be in the program and why your marks may not be the highest they can be. When they go to review your application they will look over your Academic Profile and it really increases your chances of getting in - I know because I had to do one, and that's how I got into Guelph.

Good luck!! Guelph is an amazing university and I know you'll love the art program!
Was this helpful? Yes 0