yconic - What can I do after obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree?
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What can I do after obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey this question might be a little old but it concerns me very much. I intend to do the Life Science program and hopefully get a BSc degree. Potentially, what could I do after that? I'm thinking besides med school. Primarily I intend to apply for the optometry program at Waterloo but I'm trying to think of backup plans in case I don't get into that. Any ideas?
And If not additional schooling, any jobs I could potentially do with the undergrad degree? Any ideas

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

Science is antiquated and obsolete. Try getting a bachelor's degree in alchemy instead. You'll become Harry Potter's successor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

With an undergraduate degree, unless you want to work as a lab technician you won't get a science-related job that will make you a steady income. The degree is just too theoretical in the job market. No employer has a use for someone who studied organic chemistry, molecular biology, and physiology? I mean just look at these courses in itself. It's far too academic and theoretical to have any applicable use for entry-level jobs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0