yconic - What Can You Do With A BA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What Can You Do With A BA

A photo of epinephrine epinephrine
ALright, im in a bit of a pickel. My problem is that I have a genuine interest in social sciences in general, but I don't really see where they can lead me. I have no interest in science (despite my username) or in buisness, really.

And I don't see the point of taking a BA to apply to law school after (which I would consider)if I can do it anyways.

In general it seems kind of like a dead-end, and with education inflation im concerned a BA will be equivelent to what a high-school diploma was 30-35 years ago.

Just want to hear what all of you think....

Sidenote: whats distinguishes a BA from a Bsc in pysch in terms of job oppurtunities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of KingSpades KingSpades
These are the most common BA options:

-Law school
-Teacher's college
-Graduate School
-Business school (yes you can master in business w/ a BA)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alison.Perovich Alison.Perovich
Hey,

I don't know a whole lot about social sciences (I'm an arts student) but www.careercruising.com helped me a lot. My academic adviser told me about it and it's pretty helpful for figuring out what programs lead to what careers.

Take care,

Alison
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JennaLynMarie JennaLynMarie
Law school is a big one. If you're even remotely interested in that, then a BA would work fine for you. Yes, it's difficult to find a career with a BA unless you specialize in something but there's always possibilities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RichardS RichardS
UTM Career Services has a helpful database of possible careers for various majors.

http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/careers/careers_by_major.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0