yconic - What career are you working towards?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What career are you working towards?

A photo of Stranger Stranger
And what school are you planning on attending?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
88 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Day trader. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to actually realize that. Oh well, pharmacist is an alright alternative.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Oh well, pharmacist is an alright alternative.

:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Billionaire. Doesn't really matter what school I end up at.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Leaning towards U of T at the moment, but it changes every week. My dream job is professor, but since that's too unrealistic I've settled for computational linguist. My back-up would be something in economics or planning.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of al1993 al1993
I'm planning on going to Waterloo for Life Science-Biomedical(regular) and then after 2-3 years I will apply to either Optometry or Pharmacy. Med school is always an option too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emblyn emblyn
I would very much like to be a special effects makeup artist and I am currently attending Sheridan College to fulfill my goals. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ttaarraa ttaarraa
Hopefully nursing, at Ryerson. I want to be a pediatric nurse. Hopefully I get accepted and everything works out!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I will be going to UOttawa. After my undergrad is finished I will be going to law school (hopefully at UOttawa as well). My dream job is to be a lawyer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@Zion wrote
Leaning towards U of T at the moment, but it changes every week. My dream job is professor, but since that's too unrealistic I've settled for computational linguist. My back-up would be something in economics or planning.

I want to be a professor too. From interacting with current graduate students, it seems like a long and arduous road.... Good luck to the both of us.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StephanieScott StephanieScott
U of Calgary, I'm thinking of becoming a translator or a speech pathologist, but I'm thinking teaching english for a while in a foreign country for a while.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
^ Props.

@littleroom wrote

@Zion wrote

I want to be a professor too. From interacting with current graduate students, it seems like a long and arduous road.... Good luck to the both of us.

Indeed. I wanted to be a professor of linguistics, but non-professional academia (arts and sciences) seems dismal career-wise. I've read numerous articles and heard from numerous student as well that there are way more PhDs than openings. And even if you do get your foot in the door, you still have to get tenure. So I think I'll pursue it after I have the financial basis, rather than jumping into it right after undergrad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Lawyer. And if not that, then something in government with a legal aspect to it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 432Raquel1 432Raquel1
Social Work. Grant MacEwan University.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
None of your business
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Veterinarian, specializing in soft tissue surgery. I applied to the University of Guelph for their Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of silversnowe silversnowe
Architect. I'm thinking of going abroad for my undergrad, then returning for my grad degree. Abroad, I'm considering Cardiff or Bath in the UK. In Canada, UBC, Waterloo or McGill.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MissThompson MissThompson
I am working towards Environmental Scientist or Environmental Lawyer :D I applied to Trent for Environmental Science & Resource Management and got in :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smokelky smokelky
I am taking Engineering at the University of Calgary. After graduating from university I plan on finding a job with an oil company then contintinuing my education by taking business courses to help me work my way up to the position of CEO.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MFedds MFedds
I'm going for a pro cook career then maybe opening my own restaurant.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dan031 dan031
Plan on taking criminology (already have an offer from Carleton), and after I finish my degree I plan on becoming a Police Officer or if that does not quite work out transfer to the regular forces (already a reservist) for the military as an officer(yes I already considered RMC, but I eventually decided not to miss the undergrad experience lol).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AaronJ AaronJ
I am working towards to be part of the Vancouver Police Department
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Miffled Miffled
Egyptologist/Curator/University Professor :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DamienMullin DamienMullin
SPCA inspector.
I've applied to Guelph-Zoology for Fall 2011

also accepted to Laurentian-Zoology :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SarahB SarahB
I'm hoping to become a lawyer. :)
(wish me luck, it's feirce competition out there :P)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of antcap antcap
I want to become a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0