yconic - What chances do i have
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What chances do i have

A photo of dphy123 dphy123
Hi.. Im in 12th grade... I had a an 10th grade average %age of 96.6 and an average 11th grade percentage of 90.8... How much should I aim to get this year if I want to land up in U of A or U of T with maximum scholarships in Engineering or Applied Engineering Sciences... I am a Canadian citizen living abroad...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ShivaniV ShivaniV
I think you should keep atleast above 90% for U of T and as far as i know U of A requires 80% to 85% or more. Hope that helped! Good luck in you studies :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
For maximum scholarships? I went to U of A for engineering and received $50,000 in scholarships throughout my undergrad. I had a 95% average throughout high school (grades 10, 11 and 12) and extensive community involvement and was a varsity athlete throughout university. $32,000 of that money came from the U of A itself, mostly academic scholarships based on grades, but a few based on leadership and community involvement. $15,000 came from the Alberta government, all automatic scholarships based on getting a certain grade/GPA or being a varsity athlete. The rest came from external scholarships based on grades/ECs.

So you want to be getting at least a 95% average in grade 12. ECs are helpful too
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SarahPotiuk SarahPotiuk
The U of A just came to my school and said that depending on the program you should try to have at least a 80% average. If you were able to maintain the average you are at in the 90% you have nothing worry about. You can actually apply early in November for the U of A.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dphy123 dphy123

@ktel wrote
For maximum scholarships? I went to U of A for engineering and received $50,000 in scholarships throughout my undergrad. I had a 95% average throughout high school (grades 10, 11 and 12) and extensive community involvement and was a varsity athlete throughout university. $32,000 of that money came from the U of A itself, mostly academic scholarships based on grades, but a few based on leadership and community involvement. $15,000 came from the Alberta government, all automatic scholarships based on getting a certain grade/GPA or being a varsity athlete. The rest came from external scholarships based on grades/ECs.

So you want to be getting at least a 95% average in grade 12. ECs are helpful too

Thanks a lot.. That was really helpful.. But what Im worried about is that if my 12th and my 10th grades are above 95 and my 11th was not.. Do I stand to lose scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I think they said to apply even if you're close, although your grade 11 is far off 95%. The 95% for all 3 years is only for scholastic distinction awards, you can still get academic excellence
Was this helpful? Yes 0