yconic - What do universities look at?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What do universities look at?

A photo of MightyJJ MightyJJ
Hey guys, I have a couple questions about university acceptance. I already know that universities only look at your top 6 marks from grade 12 and they include all the prerequisites the specific program needs, but there are only 4 courses a semester so does that mean they look at both first and second semester or do they only look at first semester for acceptance and decide whether to keep you or kick you based on your second semester marks? Also my grade 11 marks aren't the best, so I was also wondering if universities really care about gr. 11 marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
They will judge your admission based off of your final marks from first semester, as well as mid-term marks for second semester.

@MightyJJ wrote
Also my grade 11 marks aren't the best, so I was also wondering if universities really care about gr. 11 marks?

Your grade 11 marks are irrelevant and they will not influence their decision at all. As g93 said in a previous post, "If your Grade 11 marks suck, I would just be focused on making sure that Grade 12 is not a repeat.".

Look at this post as it is the same question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Just want to add: if you get in before the big round of offers (just after 2nd term midterms) this will be especially true- acceptances are conditional, so for example you may need to keep an 80% average but also a 75 in English and a 70 in AF and Calc (as well as get your OSSD). If you do not meet these conditions, they have the right to revoke your offer. As long as you meet the conditions they won't be re-assessing you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0