yconic - What do you think?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What do you think?

A photo of w18 w18
Hi there.

Calculus: 82
Advanced Functions: 90
English: 88
Accounting: 99
Data: 95
International Business: 95

My extracurriculars are.. quite good. :cat:

Do you think I can get into these programs with that Calculus mark and that English mark D:
- AFM CA Co-op
- Queen's Commerce
- Rotman's Commerce

Thanks in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of RobertTan RobertTan
AFM-PA - moderate chances
AFM-FM - somewhat higher chances
Math/CA - very unlikely
Rotman - likely
Queen's - "quite good" is quite ambiguous, you need to be more specific

Cheers
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yoyosup yoyosup
is there a way to boost your calc mark? or is it already over
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of w18 w18
I'm currently taking the course. I'm going to work hard but what do you think is the minimum mark I should aim for?

Do any universities value Calculus and English MORE than the other courses? Or is it just, they use it as part of your top six and look at that average only.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn

@w18 wrote
I'm currently taking the course. I'm going to work hard but what do you think is the minimum mark I should aim for?

Do any universities value Calculus and English MORE than the other courses? Or is it just, they use it as part of your top six and look at that average only.

Rotman might be what you mean. Calc/Eng marks are not weighted more than other courses when calculating the top 6 average, but if you have low calc/eng marks you'll be at a disadvantage in terms of admissions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of scollyhunter scollyhunter

@w18 wrote

While not "weighted more", lower marks in English and Calc will hurt you most when applying to Rotman or Queens.
Was this helpful? Yes 0