yconic - What do you think..?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What do you think..?

A photo of 72393 72393
Look around at your schoolmates and think of how many of those drink or do drugs? How do you think it will effect our generation and generations to come? With increased drinking and drugs being abused, sexual infections may increase also. WHAT'S YOUR OPINION!? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Behnam Behnam
Alott of people around me I would think - it has become so normal. We have become so decensitized. I mean traditional precautious standards are turned upside down. Its now good to be daring and people believe that you cannot have fun if your not - this is not ture. If I tell someone I don't drink most people will think I am weird. I think that the younger generations are becoming more and more exposed to these things and are more and more willing to try them - the future dosnt look good to me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mariadelmar Mariadelmar
Think about previous generations.

Imagine, if you can, the 60s, 70s, and 80s: Drugs, alcohol and sex galore!!
And now, they are running the country and telling you what to do: Yes! all of them consumed drugs and alcohol. Even some of us were conceived under alcohol-induced situations!

Don't be naive, nothing is going to happen or change as long as the government doesn't take over and decides applying taxes on "ilegal" drugs. They tax cigarretes and alcohol, right? And even so, more people are dying due to tobacco and alcohol related diseases.

Food for the tought.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Mariadelmar wrote

Don't be naive, nothing is going to happen or change

+1

People always think their own generation is so radical.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I don't think it will change that much. There are always movements from generation to generation that advocate for something different than the last, such as rights and freedoms, decriminalizing drugs, women's rights, and so on. I don't think there will be any much of a change in the future, especially considering those who will lead the country and its organizations will not be stupid enough to use drugs or screw up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
The sex doesn't become as big an issue until university imo, and the drugs have always been an issue and won't change; but as long as you don't get caught go right ahead
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
This was actually a massive problem for the hippie generation...they seem to have turned out fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Millow Millow
Nothing has really changed. If anything, drug use rates are probably the lowest they have been (percentage-wise) in 30 years in this country. Think about it: The 60's and 70's had LSD, which was EVERYWHERE. In the 80's and 90's the poor were gripped by crack addiction, which has gone waaaaay down. What do we have? MDMA? MDMA is prevalent around here but its not really a big deal compared to a lot of other drugs.

Looking at the students around me, the majority are ethnic minorities who's religion does not allow them to drink or do drugs or their parents have a super tight leash on them anyway. The only thing that has increased here is abstinence.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sakurei Sakurei
Let's just say I will not raise my kids in the town that I am in right now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChartheShark304 ChartheShark304
I actually think the world is improving, rather than going down the drain.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of jerks in our generation, but there are also jewels, and looking around, I actually see some very amazing young people.

The more history, the more we learn.

We're a lot better off than the Middle Ages. Every era has problems, and there are plenty of people living in poverty now, but the number of well-off has also increased.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Steve Jobs did LSD and he turned out ok. (until he died :/ )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slasher61 Slasher61

@Behnam wrote
Alott of people around me I would think - it has become so normal. We have become so decensitized. I mean traditional precautious standards are turned upside down. Its now good to be daring and people believe that you cannot have fun if your not - this is not ture. If I tell someone I don't drink most people will think I am weird. I think that the younger generations are becoming more and more exposed to these things and are more and more willing to try them - the future dosnt look good to me.

I completely agree. It is quite sad that this generation has been led to believe this. This is a certain area where I feel that our generation is failing in. However, there are some very bright children who have been brought up the right way and understand what the work force is like. Not all hope is lost, but right now at my school anyways, I look at the students and think, "there is no way you are prepared for the real world".
Was this helpful? Yes 0