yconic - What do you think?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What do you think?

A photo of JoshinGreat JoshinGreat
hey guys, I'm new to this forum and just needed some help on a certain subject.

I applied to York for two of their programs, biomed and biochem. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the admission cut off range, or if they've been accepted with a certain average. At the moment, my midterm average is an 82. i'm not sure if that's enough, have you heard of people getting in with that average?
Also, I applied late to their Kin program, like in late march beginning of April.
The average cut off for that program is mid 70's and my admission average would be an 85 if they look at me. So, i'm pretty much asking if the fact that I applied so late will seriously render my chances and if anyone has any input on these subjects, please feel free to tell me.

Thanks for your time. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@JoshinGreat wrote
hey guys, I'm new to this forum and just needed some help on a certain subject.

I applied to York for two of their programs, biomed and biochem. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the admission cut off range, or if they've been accepted with a certain average. At the moment, my midterm average is an 82. i'm not sure if that's enough, have you heard of people getting in with that average?
Also, I applied late to their Kin program, like in late march beginning of April.
The average cut off for that program is mid 70's and my admission average would be an 85 if they look at me. So, i'm pretty much asking if the fact that I applied so late will seriously render my chances and if anyone has any input on these subjects, please feel free to tell me.

Thanks for your time. :)

Even though I don't know much a about York, I believe an 82 will get you into BioMed or any other sciences at York.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AlikaK AlikaK
I can't comment on the biomed and biochem, but I also applied late to York for kin. I aplpied mid April I believe, and I got accepted like 2 days after, so with an average of 85 (same as mine), you will have no problem getting into their kin program.

Good luck with the biomed and biochem!!! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JoshinGreat JoshinGreat
Thanks for the information :)
And as you said, you got in right away after you applied, which was before midterms.
Have you heard anything about the first round of admissions being sent yet after midterms?
You gave me a lot of hope with what you said. :P
I'm hoping they'll take me then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0