yconic - What does it take to go to Carleton for Commerce with Accounting? Opinion towards my choices?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What does it take to go to Carleton for Commerce with Accounting? Opinion towards my choices?

A photo of OttawaCeltic OttawaCeltic
My courses in High School

Grade 12
English
French
Advanced Fuctions
Data Management
Calculus
Accounting
*Spare*
*Spare*

Grade 11
English
French
Math
Accounting
History
Gym
Law
???

Questions!
1. What does it take to go into Commerce (concetration in Accouting) in Carleton U?
2. Would it be a better path to take than going to Ottawa U?
3. Should I take Calculus out for Business Leadership to make it easier for me?

Please dont just view my post! Answ3r the questions please! Any Opinion! Thx
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of g93 g93
1. Do you mean prerequisites or marks?
2. I personally would choose UOttawa
3. I would take calculus, as you will be taking it a lot at Carleton, and at least once at UOttawa (or any other business/commerce/accounting program)

PM SBT, he/she goes to Carleton for Commerce.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OttawaCeltic OttawaCeltic

@g93 wrote
3. I would take calculus, as you will be taking it a lot at Carleton, and at least once at UOttawa (or any other business/commerce/accounting program)

1. I mean like: How high should your grades be? Should I consider taking Calculus over Data? Is it hard to be accepted?
2. Why?
3. I thought calculus had nothing to do with Accounting???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@OttawaCeltic wrote

@g93 wrote

1. I mean like: How high should your grades be? Should I consider taking Calculus over Data? Is it hard to be accepted?
2. Why?
3. I thought calculus had nothing to do with Accounting???

1. As long as you're above 80 you're in fine, not sure about beyond there, I'm assuming there's a supp
2. Better co-op program
3. Accounting is a borad term. It is not used day-to-day by a lot of accountants, but it is used by some, and it also develops analytical skills and other mumbo-jumbo. All programs have it. Carleton has more of it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0