yconic - What does one need to get in Harvard Business School?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What does one need to get in Harvard Business School?

A photo of Pharger Pharger
Just a curious thought, are there any specific requirements that an potential applicant needs in order to get accepted to Harvard Business School? Their site isn't quite explicit.
From what I know, it's marks(99%?), leadership, a rich daddy, connections, or an amazing success story (like in the movie 21).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Marks aren't overly important to a certain extent. Work experience is very important as well as your GMATs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I thought Harvard Business school had only professional programs? I guess I was wrong...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@heesoup wrote
I thought Harvard Business school had only professional programs? I guess I was wrong...

They do.... now looking at OP, I'm not sure he/she knows.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
One of my brother's friends got into Harvard last year. He had a low 90s average, his extracurriculars were meh, and his SAT scores and such were not exceptional. Out of the 4 or so top American schools that he applied to, Harvard was the only one he got in to. Oh, and I should also mention that his dad is on the admissions board (lol). Knowing someone is a surefire way to make it in, but otherwise it is pretty brutal to get in. It's kinda disgusting to me how much a decision there is swayed by money or by people you know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
Yeah they are private universities can't do anything about it. My friend goes there and she earned her way in(got in last year), and she says there are a lot of average people as well, and the only reason they are there are because their rich parents made a lot of donations to the school and such.

For people that are coming internationally, you really have to be extraordinary to get in. My friends EC's were EXTRAORDINARY, winner of TD Nationals, Loran Nationals.. and a billion other awards all of which she had to turn down because she was going to study in the States. Her avg was around 95 so not bad at all. I remember her saying that her SAT scores were around 2200~, and she said beyond a certain point your SAT scores really doesn't matter. I realize that because this girl that I hear about

with a perfect SAT Score, 99.3 avg and pretty good Ec's didn't get into MIT from my school but got Princeton.
Was this helpful? Yes 0