yconic - What grade 12 courses should I take for Schulich?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What grade 12 courses should I take for Schulich?

A photo of iPrincesse iPrincesse
I am currently in grade 11, aiming to get into Schulich. I've always wanted to get into the business field growing up, so that is my ultimate goal. However, I'm confused whether or not to take any science courses in grade 12 because that would cut off all the life science options.

Currently I am taking:
-Accounting
-French
-Bio
-Law
-Functions
-English
-Chem
-Physics

In grade 12 I want to take:
-English
-French
-Functions
-Calculus and Vectors (Or Data Management?)
-Accounting
-International Business
-spare

Thanks in advance:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
You can take your science courses in summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Starring Starring
I'm having almost the exact same problem!

@erudite wrote

Everyone I've talked to has strongly recommended that I don't do this and that there's too much content to be able to handle learning it all in such a short time span.
Why do you think it's a good idea?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@erudite wrote

Unfortunately, you can only take one course in the summer.. and mainly all life science programs require grade 12 bio AND chem.

Well, I've decided to not take any sciences because they won't be useful to me right? I should only concentrate on one goal.. hopefully I made the right choice:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Starring wrote
I'm having almost the exact same problem!

@erudite wrote

Everyone I've talked to has strongly recommended that I don't do this and that there's too much content to be able to handle learning it all in such a short time span.
Why do you think it's a good idea?

Aha, so many people have given me the same advice too. Well, you need to realize they have their own mindset at career options and you have your own. At the end of the day, the decision should be yours -- not influenced by what you hear.

After consulting my guidance counselor, I've just come to the conclusion to only take what you are KEEN to learn. Grade 12 matters -- so take those courses which will benefit you in the long run, and help your average:) If we continue to remain confused, we might never be able to reach a conclusion.. lol ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0