yconic - what if i don't show up to summer school? will it show on my transcript?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

what if i don't show up to summer school? will it show on my transcript?

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout
I signed up for Grade 12 English for summer school (it's optional, I'm going into grade 12 next year) but I'm not sure I want to go anymore. English is really easy for me, and I don't know if I should waste my summer doing an English course. =/

If I don't show up, and didn't drop it officially, will it show on my transcript as a "0" or "dropped course," and will universities care? Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
You need to drop it, because yes it could show up on your transcript and it wouldn't look good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
I have the same concerns, but mostly because my easy grade 11 teacher made me feel so confident about the subject. To be safe I'm probably going to attend summer school till midterm and drop it if my mark isn't high enough.

I did the same thing for English grade 11 summer. I know the mark doesn't really count for anything, but I just didn't feel comfortable getting 10% lower than I just finished grade 10 English with at the time lol. Dropping was such a simple process anyway. You just sign a sheet, tell your teacher and you're pretty much done. I think parental permission is required somewhere but I don't remember exactly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Formally drop it so that it does not show.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout
do i drop it on the first day of summer school? cause that's the only way to formally drop it now that day school's over. it would still show i think..
oh well =/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@xoblackout wrote
do i drop it on the first day of summer school? cause that's the only way to formally drop it now that day school's over. it would still show i think..
oh well =/

It might show up on the school's credit counselling summary, but it won't be disclosed on the transcript. For it to show on the transcript, you'd have to drop the course after the full disclosure day, when your teacher records the mark you're getting at the time of the drop. And if you really don't want to do this course over the summer, yes, you should drop it on the first day of summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0