yconic - What is a good university major/career if you're bad at math and science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What is a good university major/career if you're bad at math and science?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Well my career path is Public Policy & Administration... And if you've got the French, you're more than likely to get a job in the government, especially if you choose to go to a university in Ottawa, then you get the coop option and then you can network your way into your job. :)
Other than that, business/accounting may be good too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
Well my career path is Public Policy & Administration... And if you've got the French, you're more than likely to get a job in the government, especially if you choose to go to a university in Ottawa, then you get the coop option and then you can network your way into your job. :)
Other than that, business/accounting may be good too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It all depends on who you are, what are your strengths/ interests if you don't like math/ science? It doesn't have to be school related, could be something like networking, public speaking etc.

I would look at programs under the arts faculty in universities. Could be something like political science, social work, humanities, journalism, business etc. You could possibly look at a career as a teacher?

Also, don't try to look for programs that involve no math/ science what so ever. It might be possible to avoid science but practically impossible to avoid math. Maybe you should give math/ science another chance? If you're not in your senior years I would say that it gets a lot more interesting later on and likely even more so in university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Business is the obvious answer. Most degrees don't require more than first-year math.

I think your best bet otherwise would be to get a degree in a language (not something like Italian, but like Arabic or Mandarin) and learn it fluently by studying abroad. Then you could be a translator or interpreter.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Anything Arts.
or Business.
Maybe even something environmentally related.
Was this helpful? Yes 0