yconic - What is most important part of the supplementary application ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What is most important part of the supplementary application ?

A photo of freedomdude0 freedomdude0
i'm currently doing supplementary application for UofT and i realize i don't have that much extra curricular activities
so i'm just wondering which is more important, the essay or extra curricular activities?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Hmmm.. I would think both are important, but it depends on what the essay question is.
They can tell what kind of student you are academically by looking at your grades, but it's hard to tell what kind of well-rounded student you are based on grades, so if your essay question was academic related, I would say ECs are more important.
If your essay question isn't academically related, then I think they would both be just as important.
I'm sure they'd want someone who has a good statement of intention as to why they'd want to be in whatever program they apply for, as well as someone who's well rounded and is an active part of the community.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
UTSG or UTSC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vnguyen93 vnguyen93
If you don't participate in many extra-curriculers, you should perhaps focus on one and really put a lot of detail into your response. There is a chance that they'll realize the extremity of your dedication and contribution despite it being just one activity. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0