yconic - What is my best choice?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What is my best choice?

A photo of Loading Loading
I'm currently in grade 11 but seriously considering my options towards different universities. My average is at a solid 83.4% at the moment. What universities can I get into? and what are my best choices? Other than the fact that I'm intent on taking business as a major, nothing is for sure. My friends say that my best choices are between McMaster and Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
laurier needs atleast 87% so i would suggest you bring it up to have a better chance :)

(though their ABS -applicant background summary- does add up to 3% to your average if you have very good ECs)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ok I will keep that in mind, thanks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
I think you should look at all school, including those which are harder to get into (Schulich, Queen's, McGill, UBC, etc.) and decide in which of those schools you would like to study. Then attain the necessary average in grade 12 and get into the school where you want to go.

In grade 11, my average was around 50 because I couldn't care less about school. However, in grade 12 I decided to attend the best business school in Canada and improved my average to 92.3. Your average does not define you. Don't eliminate options just because of the current situation. Look at everything that's available and get what you really want.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4

@MINTOK wrote
I think you should look at all school, including those which are harder to get into (Schulich, Queen's, McGill, UBC, etc.) and decide in which of those schools you would like to study. Then attain the necessary average in grade 12 and get into the school where you want to go.

In grade 11, my average was around 50 because I couldn't care less about school. However, in grade 12 I decided to attend the best business school in Canada and improved my average to 92.3. Your average does not define you. Don't eliminate options just because of the current situation. Look at everything that's available and get what you really want.

wow +1

and some other programs you might consider (not in any particular order):
laurier (my personal favourite from the list :P )
mac
brock accounting (good program if you get into accounting)
UofT scarborough
SFX(st. francis xavier)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

From a 50 to a 92?! Is that even possible? I feel that by being somewhat realistic, I'll be able to maintain around an 84 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz
Learn a trade. That would be by far your best choice :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Loading wrote
From a 50 to a 92?! Is that even possible? I feel that by being somewhat realistic, I'll be able to maintain around an 84 average.

There is a difference between being realistic and comfortable. Everything is possible. However, to achieve things you have never accomplished before, you would have to step out of your comfort zone. If that's not for you, that's nothing to be embarrassed about. To each is own as wise people would say. All I would like you to do is realize that you are the only person who is limiting yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0