yconic - What is the average required for mcmasters engineering I program?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What is the average required for mcmasters engineering I program?

A photo of Arka Arka
Hey everyone,

I just had a quick question for anyone who is familiar with what Mcmasters cutoff averages usually are for their engineering I program. I am currently in grade 12 and these are my marks thus far:

Chemistry - 88%
Advanced Functions - 77%
Physics - 81%

these were my mid terms mark and i think i can bring my adv functions mark up to an 80 by the end of the sem and my physics mark up to 85.

Next semester i have calc, english and international business and these are the averages that i think i will achieve in these courses:
Calculus - 85%
English - 81%
IB - 92%

Overall,with my top 6 i can see my average being around 83-85%
I really want to go into mcmasters engineering program and with grades like these, do you guys think i have a fair chance? or should i just apply elsewhere for engineering? Any other universities you think that will be good to apply to? Please let me know.

Thanks for all your comments and help :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of chatmike chatmike
The average last year was 82, so you'll be fine!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Arka Arka

@chatmike wrote
The average last year was 82, so you'll be fine!

Thanks a lot!
Also, do you think it looks really bad if my adv functions is like a LOW 80 or HIGH 70's? should i take a 7th course to boost my avg because i saw that mac doesnt require adv fucntions as a top 6 pre-req?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of chatmike chatmike
As long as nothing is under a 70, you're all set! Tbh, i doubt Mac really looks into admission details like that too much since it's all grade based and no supp-apps. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of admissions were computer done.

Just enjoy your workload of 3 courses per semester now. Because next year you'll have 6 per semester :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0